Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort and Campgrounds

b.oryan

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone been here? I'm going there with my buddy Labor Day weekend. Just wondering if anyone has been there, any horror stories or good insight to areas around it for good rides. We plan on taking a day trip up to the "Dragons Tail."

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you mean the Two Wheel Inn, yes. :D What a GREAT place to stay! You get an adequate room and a personal garage that holds two bikes. The owners have free wifi internet and a full garage that they will let you use if you broke your ride.

For rides... Tail of the Dragon for sure, but also look up Rte 28, the corkscrew, Bridal Veil Falls, Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway among others. All great rides. 28 is just as challanging as the Dragon but it is a populated road and they don't tollerate really fast bikes. Watch out for LEOs on the Dragon.

The owners of the Inn have maps you can buy and they will draw you routes based on what you are looking for. They are very accomodating folks!

Enjoy and ride safe!

b.oryan

Reaction score
Visit site
+rep on the advice.

Also. Are you saying rte.28 has just as much LEO as Dragons Tail? Because the whole reason we're going here is to get 'off the beaten path' so to say. I just want to have fun and ride my ride.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
28 doesn't have a lot of LEOs, just concerned citizens. ;) Dragon is being watched more than ever.... Just ride your ride but look into roads less popular there. Ask the Inn owners where the good curves are that aren't as monitored as the popular spots. :D

Thanks for the REP!!!

PLANEMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I know, T.W.O. is in Suches, GA and consists of a motorcycle campground and resturant. The resturant is open on weekends and has great food (consider that the steak sandwich is actually a piece of sirloin between two pieces of bread). Hwy 60 south of Suches is an outstandingly curvy road and very well banked. Unfortunantly GA DOT has seen fit to seal the section of road south of the Apalachain Trail with tar snakes. On hot days they are distracting at best. Hwy 60 north of Suches is smooth and outstanding. Hwy 180 is very curvy with several 180 degree switch backs. The Richard B. Russel Scenic Hwy is near and is worth several rides.

Rider's Hill in Dahlonega is a good stop with a cafe, motocycle tire store with great prices and a MotoGuzi and Aprillia dealership. Well worth the stop.

Hope you have a good time