Two brothers too loud might need db killer

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought the two brothers exhaust and it came without db killer. I have to say I find it actually too loud now, I was looking for something between the stock and the sound I have now. I was also a bit under impressed by how it sounds, I listened to it on youtube and it sounded great. It still sounds fantastic at idle and lower refs, but at higher refs I find it a bit crackly and tinny. Besides I don’t think it’s road legal in Australia anymore and every time I drive past cops I worry they will pull me over.

Does anyone have the two brothers exhaust, and if yes do they use db killers?
How much quieter will it be with db killers?
Does the sound change or does it just get quieter?
I know they go into the end of the cans but how do you open the Torx bolts?
Also there seem to be different tips around to put on the P1 and P1X, which one to buy?
Any ones opinions and experiences appreciated.
Cheers

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good questions all of them. I am looking at them now for a winter project.
I sure like the looks of them. I wonder if you can get a cat. eliminator pipe for them? Thanks

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the two bros witoutdb killers as well and I know exactly what you are talking about. I took them off for a while and I love how quiet the stock pipe is. I've been using that for a year now and the 2bros have been sitting in my apt.

I heard CHEMIKER's two bros with the db killers on and they sound exactly how I would like them. They arent loud but they are definitely louder than stock pipes by a lot. Not obnoxious at all tho. So, Ive been thinking of the db killlers for a while but never got to it. If you got the cash I would say go for it, you wont be disappointed.

The second model P1X is actually quieter i think and that is the one i heard.

They only pull the end caps off i think to install.

So I bought the two brothers exhaust and it came without db killer. I have to say I find it actually too loud now, I was looking for something between the stock and the sound I have now. I was also a bit under impressed by how it sounds, I listened to it on youtube and it sounded great. It still sounds fantastic at idle and lower refs, but at higher refs I find it a bit crackly and tinny. Besides I don’t think it’s road legal in Australia anymore and every time I drive past cops I worry they will pull me over.

Does anyone have the two brothers exhaust, and if yes do they use db killers?
How much quieter will it be with db killers?
Does the sound change or does it just get quieter?
I know they go into the end of the cans but how do you open the Torx bolts?
Also there seem to be different tips around to put on the P1 and P1X, which one to buy?
Any ones opinions and experiences appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the P1X in mine and i still love the sound, i havnt even ridden with them out because it is to bloddy lound without them. i havnt had any trouble with the cops with them in.
Just have to undo the torx bolts (i think they are a t25) and slip in the db killer and put the end cap back on

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a pair just a few months ago after riding with stock for a month after purchasing the bike new this summer. I did find the pipes to be really loud and almost totally annoying to ride at times. I have thought about putting the stock back on but have not done it yet. I like the look but I do agree that it is too loud at certain rpm's.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled my P1X's off and put my old P1's in and Holy Thunder Batman! I don't know if I'll leave them that way. The SV does sound cool that way though. Sounds nothing like a Harley. The sound has tone to it and doesn't get that burrappy straight pipe Harley sound. Sounds more like a Duc with Termi's

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the exhaust and while I liked the noise level on the highway of "no killers" it was too much around town. I put in the 3-4 db killers and it was pretty good around town and still good on the highway. Then I started to still feel guilty in my neighborhood so I picked up the 7-8 db killers. I'ts great around town but now I think it's too quiet on the highway - nearly stock levels on the highway. I think this weekend I'm going to try swapping in the 3-4 on the "left side" with the 7-8 on the "right side" to see if that's the magic balance I'm looking for. Super easy to swap.

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i bought the P1X and the sounds is still great, especially around town it's awesome, but i know what you guys mean, on highway in higher refs it can be a bit quiet. In low ref, it has an evil growl and that's what I was after, also don't feel guilty anymore around cops cause it's road legal now.
:rockon:

K Rig

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually REALLY glad i read through this thread. I was strongly considering cans for my FZ6 but if they're so outrageous for noise i think i'll save my $700 bucks and, well figure out whatever it is people spend money on when they don't own a motorcycle haha

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the two bros witoutdb killers as well and I know exactly what you are talking about. I took them off for a while and I love how quiet the stock pipe is. I've been using that for a year now and the 2bros have been sitting in my apt.

I heard CHEMIKER's two bros with the db killers on and they sound exactly how I would like them. They arent loud but they are definitely louder than stock pipes by a lot. Not obnoxious at all tho. So, Ive been thinking of the db killlers for a while but never got to it. If you got the cash I would say go for it, you wont be disappointed.

The second model P1X is actually quieter i think and that is the one i heard.

They only pull the end caps off i think to install.

Yep, I have the P1X, that are the quieter of the two options. They are reported to reduce the sound by 7 to 8 dB per tip.

You're also correct that all you have to do is remove the tips, with a torx screwdriver. There is a funky silicone gasket too, but it's easy to figure out where that goes.

I highly recommend getting the tips if you feel the sound is too loud. They quiet the pipes without ruining the sound.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly same findings with Leo Vince. I went for one ride without DB killers and while it sounded awesome, it was way way too loud for comfort and I wouldn't want to piss off my neighbors either (even idling seemed obnoxiously loud).
Put DB killers in and it's absolutely perfect. Same note as without DB killers, but just slightly louder than stock.

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I recently put two bro's on my FZ6 and it is too damn loud.

I can made the db killers easily for a fraction of the price but from stainless steel not alu. It is a shame that they ask for so much money for a piece of aluminium.

Is there anybody willing to take the dimensions of the P1X db killer ?

I need the diameter of the 2 tubes(inner/outer tube), their length and thickness?-it is a job for 15 min. tops.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I recently put two bro's on my FZ6 and it is too damn loud.

I can made the db killers easily for a fraction of the price but from stainless steel not alu. It is a shame that they ask for so much money for a piece of aluminium.

I need the diameter of the 2 tubes(inner/outer tube), their length and thickness?-it is a job for 15 min. tops.

Yes!

There are two different tube diameters. The inner tube inner diameter is 1.25 inch with a wall thickness off .05 inch (It's actually a tapered tube.
The outer tube inner diameter is 1.5 inch with a wall thickness of .095 inch.
The disk is .087 x 2.695 inch.

Length to the outer tube to the disk face is 1.488 inch.
Length to the inner tube to the disk face is 1.445 inch.

Hope this helps. :D

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wear earplugs :)
What can I say ->:spam: Probably I should put stickers on my bike "If my bike seems too damn loud to you - Just wear earplugs"

Motogiro: Thank you for your fast and kind reply :rockon::thumbup: Professionally done, thanks a lot!!!

Now the only thing I need is the right size tubing and there she goes !!! :)

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
What can I say ->:spam: Probably I should put stickers on my bike "If my bike seems too damn loud to you - Just wear earplugs"

Motogiro: Thank you for your fast and kind reply :rockon::thumbup: Professionally done, thanks a lot!!!

Now the only thing I need is the right size tubing and there she goes !!! :)

If you find that sticker will you let me know!!!! I'll put it on my bike for you lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Someone on our forum also made washers to fit in between the tips and the cans and it did the same thing. So you could conceivably make a cheap set really quick and economically and make different hole sizes in the washers for different attenuation. :D

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
You mean something like this :

dB killer for a Two Brothers exhaust - Kawasaki Versys Forum

DSC_0010_1000_x_1504_.jpg

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't really have an issue with my TBs.. I know they are loud but the only time I think about it is when I ride in groups and I'm in the middle or the front. Makes everyone go deaf around me.