Two Brothers CF Install

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone just thought i'd make a quick post about my install of the 2 bro's CF exhaust. I've taken a few pictures for you so i'll add them to this. So far no real snags. i started just over an hour ago and i just now got allt he rear fairings off and lights. (never taken em off before so i kinda feel like i'm bumpin around in the dark but the pics from bonemans site and other pics i've seen from here are helping me get to where i need to be ^_^) thanks guys! I'll post finished pics tommorrow when i finish the install.

Before

DSCN1480 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

After

DSCN1491 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I will upload more pics here when i get time. I have to shower and run to work, but this is where the bike will sit until tommorrow afternoon... ::whimper::

ps... i cant figure out how to get a link to the direct pictures... maybe flickr doesn't allow it... i'll play with it more tommorrow.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Just go to your Flicker photo, right-click on it and select Properties and copy the URL.

Then in your forum post, select the 'Insert Image' icon and paste in the copied URL. Presto!

4418060682_65aa93e938.jpg

Just put the URL in betwween "image tags":

Last edited:

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok i ran into a snag. I cant get the Rear cowling back on because my pipes are too close together. I don't have a nice gap like i'm supposed it. Any solutions to fix this? Also my license plate doesn't fit the supplied holes so i'ma have to drill new ones in it. Plus i'm super confused with setting up the electrical stuff back to the oem wiring harness. ::sigh:: I feel like this is taking way to long and too much work to get this exhaust on.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont give up brother! I was in the same boat you are; I was worried I was gonna screw something up but if you just keep workinng at it, and do it right, things will work out AWESOME!!! My TBCF pipes were kinda intimidating all laid out before I picked up a wrench, but it really makes a heck of a difference!! You will love the new sound. Mine came with little L.E.D.s in the little bolts for the licence plate, along with a generic fender elim. kit that turned out to be a pain to install but now that they work right they look great! I did end up splicing the old turn signal connectors onto the wires for the brake light that doubles as turn signals but if I can figure that out you can too! Hope you like your TBs!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok i ran into a snag. I cant get the Rear cowling back on because my pipes are too close together. I don't have a nice gap like i'm supposed it. Any solutions to fix this? Also my license plate doesn't fit the supplied holes so i'ma have to drill new ones in it. Plus i'm super confused with setting up the electrical stuff back to the oem wiring harness. ::sigh:: I feel like this is taking way to long and too much work to get this exhaust on.

You may have to loosen both the 'X' rings where the pipes come into the cans. In fact why not also loosen the "Y" pipe at it inlet. Loosen the can hangers and then see if you can rotate and tweak the cans apart where you feel the parts will fit. once you've got the them where you want them re-tighten everything.

I just did TBRs and the pipes fit dead on target so you should be able to get them to fit. Just take your time and when it's time for this job to be done, it will be done and you will be proud of yourself. When it's electrical time PM me or give the forum a yell.
You've got a lot of experience here on this forum!

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
You may have to loosen both the 'X' rings where the pipes come into the cans. In fact why not also loosen the "Y" pipe at it inlet. Loosen the can hangers and then see if you can rotate and tweak the cans apart where you feel the parts will fit. once you've got the them where you want them re-tighten everything.

I just did TBRs and the pipes fit dead on target so you should be able to get them to fit. Just take your time and when it's time for this job to be done, it will be done and you will be proud of yourself. When it's electrical time PM me or give the forum a yell.
You've got a lot of experience here on this forum!

Ok so i loosened everything. And adjusted everything to the best i can get it. The left pipe is still pressing against the FE metal middle post part. I took pictures but its so dark right now (almost midnight) that i don't think u can tell too easily.

Ok so here are some pictures. If you look you can see the pipes are offset towards the right side of the bike for some reason. I have the Y pipe all the way down and i aligned it so the pipes are horizontal. Any suggestions?

4421926116_e2d85ac12e.jpg

here is another image that shows it.

4421158987_a3fd0469b1_m.jpg

This image shows the cans pressing on the top portion where the FE connects to. (So the FE has a constant down pressure on the cans?)

4421924722_ec9de6ed39_m.jpg

Ok anyways i'm off to sleep. Hopefully i can figure it all out tommorrow.

not sure why it made the photo's mini now lol. but you can view all the pictures i've taken here My Flickr for My FZ6

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I had the same issues you are having. Here is how mine looked during installation - the left one is tight to the center bracket.

DSCF3796.JPG

DSCF3813.JPG

This is how I solved the problem - a few pieces of channeled rubber:

DSCF3814.JPG

The only reason they are sitting high like that is you haven't yet installed the hangers and center support bracket. When you put the "rings" around each can and then attach those rings to the center hanger, it will bring them down.

Look closely at this pic again. You can see where the rings attach to the the center bracket, and that will force the spacing from the top.

DSCF3813.JPG

I have more pics and some install notes that might help on my site: Boneman's FZ6 Site - Two Brothers M2 Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Keep going, you're doing fine!

Last edited:

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks for the info bone. For the rubber strips you installed were u worried that the pressure from the can constantly pressing against the rubber might dent the can? Is there a way to maybe spread the pressure out?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hey thanks for the info bone. For the rubber strips you installed were u worried that the pressure from the can constantly pressing against the rubber might dent the can? Is there a way to maybe spread the pressure out?

No as I was far more concerned about the metal bracket rubbing against and damaging the carbon fiber!!!! Been on a few years and no 'dents' to speak of. It would take a lot to dent it.

Another TB user not long ago even cut out (Dremel) more out of the center bracket to make a little more space between the two.

As for "spreading out the pressure" - other than doing what you've already done by loosening everything, repositioning and then retightening. It's a sung fit for everything and you can tell TB probably didn't put as much design effort into it. The cheap and flimsy aluminum, unpainted FE/center bracket is proof to that. Again, we paid 'how much' for this exhaust, the least TB could do provide us with some quality parts and a silghtly better fit.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I may offer my two cents, I installed the Two Brothers aluminum cans. I got it done and I am not incredibly mechanically inclined. I found the instructions Two Bros provided to be rather incomplete and I had to figure a few things out on my own. Boneman has a great play-by-play on his site with pics. Take a close look at all of those, it really helped me. As far as positioning the cans, yeah it is tight back there. Keeping everything as loose as possible is the key I think. Try to work everything in place and slowly tighten it all up as you go.

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
day off tommorrow. where can i go to buy Channel Rubber? i tried every auto store, home fix it store... and i even went to the two sportbike shops nearby. and not one place had any or even sounded like they knew what i was talking about. I even brought EXAMPLES.... UGH WTF BBQ sauce guys....

Oblisk

Reaction score
Visit site
just a question my older brother rides a 2010 duc street fighter with carbon termis. and he can ride for hours at 9 billion miles and hour and his cans only get warm. is that the same case with aftermarket cans like these?

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
OK! So i couldn't find channeled rubber. So i ended up going back to one of those motorcycle stores and saying i need some small rubber tube. So they cut me up some clear small tube a foot of it. And i used that. Worked out great doesn't look too shabby... the glue i used to make sure it held place gave it weird spot like marks inside the tube. But its doing the job i need. Do you guys think i will have to worry about heat since my cans are CF?

here are pics.

Stepped back.
4424781121_e36e9110e4_m.jpg

Up close
4424781851_60383d2642_m.jpg

With the cans back on.
4424782233_02c75d742c_m.jpg

Stepped back with cans on.
4424783635_66da196643_m.jpg

I do have more pictures, but these are kinda the important ones. U can check out the other pics here at my flicker page. Flickr Page

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
just a question my older brother rides a 2010 duc street fighter with carbon termis. and he can ride for hours at 9 billion miles and hour and his cans only get warm. is that the same case with aftermarket cans like these?

Yes. After riding for hours I can put my bare hand directly on the CF cans.