Two bros. exhaust with givi racks

lewis6681

Reaction score
Visit site
I've found two links here in the forums regarding this issue, but I didn't get a clear answer... I'm hoping to get a little clarification, or a smack because I wasn't searching with the right keywords :spank:
Here's the situation:
FZ6 '07 with two bros. slip ons already installed.
I ordered a pair of givi e21n side cases and an e35 top case with givi mounts.My local shop called me today and said the givi racks I ordered for the side cases and the top case won't fit with the two bros. installed. Is this true???

Do I have to return the givi mounts and order from SW Motech instead?
I'm going to pick up the bike tomorrow after having the exhaust installed and want to be armed with the information I need so that the local shop can order the right mounts.

Does anyone here have givi luggage with a two bros. exhaust setup that would be willing to give me some part numbers? Any info would be great, thanks.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Two Bros and Givi bags. I will post up a pic of what I did in a few. I can't find them right now. I didn't order anything special. I just rigged up a set up to get me by. I hope to get a bracket fabbed up for a more secure mount. Pics coming forthwith as soon as I find them.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, found my pics. Man, those lil memory cards are easy to misplace. :spank: Anyway, I hope this helps. I received the bags and rack as a Christmas gift. I was totally surprised. I had already installed my TB cans months prior to that. So when I ran into the snag of missing a mounting point, I figured out a way around it temporarily, and went with it. It held up well enough for my liking and the weight of my usual loads.

3706421720_f047dc671b.jpg

3705611641_c69c3422ee.jpg

I ran a long bolt thru both brackets and snugged up nuts against each. It doesn't secure them to the bike in anyway, but it does allow them to bear on each other. As a result, I didn't load the bags very heavily. I didn't notice any wiggle in the setup nor did anyone following me mention it. I hope to have a bracket similar to this one fabbed up before this winter season when I use the bags the most.

3705613481_1333b102fe.jpg

3705613689_b4c4d5305b.jpg

Hope this helps you somewhat.

3706437746_4e247406c5.jpg

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention I whittled on the tabs on those two semi-circular brackets so they wouldn't touch my cans. Good ole side grinder did the trick nicely. And, if you come up with something better than I did, please tell me :)

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally did not try to use the stock rear fender. My cans would be a lot cleaner tho if I had been able to and wanted to. The bracket pictured a couple posts back would be required to reuse the rear fender. I think that one came with a Laser exhaust. A fellow member shared those pics with us in a previous thread when Wolfie's bike got defected. Necro reused his stock rear fender. Biker Dude reused his stock signals with his shop talents :)

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/13840-two-brothers-stock-rear-end.html

Last edited: