Twin Lights

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure there are threads on this but I can't find them. I would like to do a twin light mod such that both lights have low and high beams. Any suggestions for light pots and wiring? I wouldn't mind to go blue either. I ride at night sometimes and think this would be a good mod for safety, and looks killer.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Having both low beam and the stock hibeam is a very easy mod to do

Having both low AND high is a little bit trickier and will require the use of relays, wiring to the battery, and modifying a bulb or the housing to fit an H4 in the H7 spot.

Then there's the question, do you want to have all 4 filaments lit at once when you activate hibeams? Or do you want the lowbeams to shut off when you activate the hibeams

Having all 4 would not be advisable due to heat, but most importantly due to power consumption.

Once you figure out how to fit an H4 bulb in the low beam socket of the headlights, here is how I would wire it up:

Activate the hi-beam relay(s) using the stock hibeam wire
Activate the low-beam relay(s) using the extra wire used for the dual low beam mod
This way when you turn the hibeams on, the low beams will turn off.

Also note that the reflectors inside the headlight are NOT the same on both sides, meaning the low beam side is not designed for a hibeam filament, and the hibeam side is not designed for a lowbeam filament, so your light output will not be 100% identical.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would recommend doing both low beams and then one low and one high for high beam... very easy mod (Although i haven't gotten around to it yet...)