Turn signals

92fz08

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, i was wondering if anyone has changed there stock turn signals for any aftermarket "smoked" turn signals, if so are they bright enough to still be seen during the day?

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: to the forum.

Yes I have changed mine for smoked ones, they are bright enough to see during the day, not as bright as stock though. Since we are pretty much invisible to everyone else on the road (with the exception of Leo's) I don't know that it makes that much difference.

92fz08

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, i do have leo's on my bike so it should be fine even if they cant see me, they are incredibly loud even with the baffles. I couldn't imagine anyone taking there eyes off something that loud.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have smoked flush-mount ones with the same wattage bulb as stock and they are as bright I would say. LED ones won't be though and they are very directional. Indicators that use normal incandescent bulbs are a better bet if you can find them.

revapi

Reaction score
Visit site
got these lenses o
sdc10146.jpg
n e bay with orange bulbs ,they are just as bright.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I was going to make a new topic for this question of mine but this one already fits it perfectly.

My back indicators stopped working last week. I opened up the lense covers and the housing inside was totally rusted. The bulbs were actually fine, but they were being barely held in place. If I could I would only buy replacement inner metal housing for the indicators, but it seems they dont do this and you need to buy the whole unit for some crazy money. Because of this I've decided to go for aftermarket bulbs. I couldn't afford Yamaha prices even if I wanted.

I dont want to buy small indicators, I dont think they're good enough and not bright enough. So can people please point me in the right direction?

Right now i'm only replacing the rear indicators. So do you guys know what will fit and if I need to buy the small spacers to get them to attach to the stock unit they're on at the moment?

Suggested companies would be great too, I'm in Europe and would like to purchase from here. Nothing against the US of course but I need these quite quickly.

Thanks guys! :)