Turn signal keeps clicking.

malavv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!

I am sure this is not the first time it is asked but I couldn't find it using the search function.

Problem:
The clicking noise of my turn-signals sometimes keeps clicking after I reset them.

Bike:
FZ6 2005 S1.
Turn-signals aren't stock but it was done before I got the bike.

Additional Informations.
- It's not happening everytime I activate my turn-signal.
- I tried to find what causes it to stop but it seems to be quite random; a mix of making turn at intersections and running over bump on the road.

I'm pretty sure this is an electrical problem but I thought I would ask before getting my hands on an electrical diagram and start tearing my bike apart.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our forum! :)

The flasher relay should not be able to make enough noise over the engine sound that you would hear it. I doubt the noise you're hearing is the flasher unless someone has totally rewired the flasher system with a loud flasher from a 1970 Dodge Polara Lol!

6224200715_6de80f300d_z.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem:
The clicking noise of my turn-signals sometimes keeps clicking after I reset them.

Bike:
FZ6 2005 S1.
Turn-signals aren't stock but it was done before I got the bike.

Additional Informations.
- It's not happening everytime I activate my turn-signal.
- I tried to find what causes it to stop but it seems to be quite random; a mix of making turn at intersections and running over bump on the road.

So, after you cancel the turn indicator it randomly begins flashing?? Or you hear the sound of the flasher but the indicators are NOT flashing?

malavv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

Thanks for your help.

[MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION] : The clicking sound of my turn-signal is definitely the culprit. I can put my bike in accessory-mode, on but without starting the engine, and hear the same noise when I indicate to either side or put hazards.

[MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] : The lights are working perfectly, it's only the clicking that's the problem. I keep looking down whilst riding my bike to see if I forgot the indicators on.

Cheers

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

Thanks for your help.

[MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION] : The clicking sound of my turn-signal is definitely the culprit. I can put my bike in accessory-mode, on but without starting the engine, and hear the same noise when I indicate to either side or put hazards.

[MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] : The lights are working perfectly, it's only the clicking that's the problem. I keep looking down whilst riding my bike to see if I forgot the indicators on.

Cheers

Thank you for the extra info on this.

The flasher has power applied to it at all times and the live 12 vdc positive output of the flasher goes to the left/right directional switch and the 4 way emergency switch.

If you are hearing the flasher operate but don't see a light flashing as if by the directional switch or the 4 way emergency switch, the wire (brown with white tracer) from the flasher may be getting pinched or shorted to a ground or negative path. This could be your intermittent flasher relay activity.

The ground path could be occurring in either of those switches and getting a ground path through the handle bars to ground or the brown with white tracer wire from the flasher to those switches could be grounding.

Typically there are plugs in the harnesses and there is always the possibility enough road salt entered a plug and is giving a path although it would probably have to be a lot of salt and a wet condition to do a flasher signal path.

Hope this helps and let us know how you do?

Last edited: