tuning tip for pcIII

mountainracer

Reaction score
Visit site
if you have a pcIII you can lean out the low end of the rpm range just by using the "low" button on the top of the unit. on the unit there are three buttons high, med, and low, these change fuel ratio to the corosponding rpm range, just a little, without a computer.(it comes with directions on how to use this function, If you don't know how I can help you)just lean out the low end one or two settings, then adjust idle back to 1300 rpm (using idle adjustment screw under right side of the gas tank). this will make the engine run leaner in the lower rpm's, and you won't smell unburnt gas at a stoplight as much. I had the same problem but now I'm usng the american map (M410-002) for aftermarket air filter and scorpion slippon exhaust, and I have the "low" at -2 on the unit. "mid" and "high" I left stock. this also increases mpg's as long as you stay in the lower rpm range.:rockon:

FZSnake6

Reaction score
Visit site
awesome tip ... just got the scorps on this morning, K&N installed and now ready to install the same map on PCIII ....

do you still have the same settings now?