Tube Sabotage?!

LefZe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bikers!

I was going to ride my bike today, a Yamaha FZ6-N 2008, and I found a tube that has been cut in half hanging under the bike on the left side!
It's a tube which is hard to see what it's used for... it might be the clutch or an air tube for the engine, not sure as I haven't had the bike for long..and I don't have a mechanics book. There are two tubes at the same spot, but only one has been cut (with a knife?). The tubes are behind the foot gear on the left side, see attched pics.
I don't think any parts on my bike could have done this (?), and my neighbours are my frieds, I think..

Do you know what this tube is used for? And what's the name of the tube?
Would it damage the bike if I drive with this (to the shop to fix etc.)?

I will be grateful for any answers!
Thanks,
Arne

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
It's the main cooling connection/hose to your flux capacitor and you will not be able to time travel without it being connected properly. Take your bike to Doc Brown and he can connect it back up for you.

...it's just a venting hose for the gas tank (i think). Been on your bike like that since it rolled off the assembly line.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof::rof: Thank you Bone! Hahaha!!!
In all seriousness, By the looks of the swelling on the end of that vent tube, it's probably the gas tank overflow hose and it looks like it's been put to good use. Stop over filling the tank!

LefZe

Reaction score
Visit site
HaHa! I need to buy a book!

Thanks guys, that means I can go biking again! Might see you on the road, and thanks again!!
Boneman: I wont be trying any "speed of lightning" on this bike..yet ;)
Popeye70: I will consider Arne Ands words before I have any more questions :)

Best regards,
Arne

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
It's the main cooling connection/hose to your flux capacitor and you will not be able to time travel without it being connected properly. Take your bike to Doc Brown and he can connect it back up for you.
:rockon:

****.. I have to get mine fix also..

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
HaHa! I need to buy a book!

Thanks guys, that means I can go biking again! Might see you on the road, and thanks again!!

A little googling will show you where you can download the different manuals for the bike (User manual and Service manual at least). If you do not have those, you should definitely download them.

Psst: Jeg har de liggende for 2004-modellen ett eller annet sted i PDF-format. Send meg en PM med din mailadresse så kan jeg oversende dem. De er fritt tilgjengelig, så det er ikke snakk om noe ulovlig, og 2004 og 2008 er rimelig like (med unntak av svingarmen, ABS og sånt).

Og velkommen til forumet! Her vil du finne masse nyttig info! :)

Last edited: