Trying a new riser

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll have to do something with the front brake hose with that riser. It will extend the bar too far forward, and the brake hose doesn't have enough slack to accomodate it. It just barely accomodates the 1" up and 1" back. You look to have about 1" up and 2" back.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the info. I was thinking about new brake lines. I'll have to check if stock braideds are long enough or if i need custom. I was hoping not to have to do that yet though. I do have the R6 forks which might give me the extra inch, they are a little shorter and my triple tree is a little down on them.

SInce I just got a message from the manufacturer that they are shipping soon I should know by next week.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
heres some pics of the risers. I rode with them on for a bout a week. Felt very easy to ride, much pressure off my wrists. Felt good and solid upt to about 70 but above there it felt a little squirrelly. Might be in my head, new parts always make me a little nervous. After a week I took them off to use the stock while not touring and I found after an hour of riding I was wishing they were still on. I have not put them back on yet but I do have them under my seat with the allen wrench needed for quick changes.

The brake line is pretty tight but its workable. Anyone know if I can put a small extension on the lines?

Also, my new Cee Bailey windscreen is in the pics. Its incredible at stopping wind and rain but I have more booming around the top of my head. I wish I had gone with the biggest one they make but there is no guarantee that would give me clean air.

And a little something from Oregon :)