Truck Bed Question

rpflyingtaz

Reaction score
Visit site
What size truck bed does the FZ6 fit in not having to place it kiddy corner in the truck bed. Will it fit in a 6.4' bed with the tail gate up. I am trying to eliminate pullig a trailer for long hauls. I prefer to ride it the long distances but my dog would appreciate it.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think there's a longer sportsbike than mine and i fit mine in a tacoma bed (6' I think) fine (tailgate down). I'm sure you can get yours with the tailgate up no problem.

any truck should be fine...i dont think any have a shorter bed than 6'.

lil tip...if you buy ramps, get long ones to make it easier to load/unload.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to put the tailgate down - 6 foot plus tacoma but who cares? Would need 7 plus 4 FZ6

I dont think there's a longer sportsbike than mine and i fit mine in a tacoma bed (6' I think) fine (tailgate down). I'm sure you can get yours with the tailgate up no problem.

any truck should be fine...i dont think any have a shorter bed than 6'.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Nissan with a 6 foot bed. Bike goes in and the rear wheel's weight is on the bed. But the wheel sticks out enough that the tailgate won't close.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site

Funny story on me, guys. Following the ramps tip, my tip is to tie your ramp to the bumper before unloading. If you get a lil too carried away sometimes like myself, it comes in handy. I nearly dropped my Bandit that way and learned my lesson well before I got my FZ. Thank Goodness. Got going a lil too fast and grabbed the front brake on the way down and nearly pulled the ramp off the tailgate. I don't think I went to the bathroom for 2 days! :D

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
You don't have to keep the tailgate up if you're wanting to transport it in the back of a truck. The bike fits in my dinky Chevrolet S-10 just fine, and I drove 4 hours with the gate down without a problem. The front tie downs that are attached to the handle bars pull the front wheel into the back of the cab, so it's not going to roll back out of the truck or anything.

2530503046_a5883fb3d0_o.jpg

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
Tangentially - for bike transport, get a Baxley sport chock. I have fallen in love with that thing. It makes single-person bike loading and tiedown a cinch (no pun intended), and you don't have to bolt it down.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
use one of your straps to attach the ramp to the truck... I learned the hard way, thank god it was my old POS truck and my dirt bike.
When I do pick up my bike, i'll check to see if I can fit it in diagonaly to get the tailgate up and take a pic.
Truck is a 2004 Canyon ext cab. My MX bike fits in diagonaly with the gate closed.
I need to close my gate as I will have the FZ in the truck and the dirt bike in the enclosed trailer I have for it, unless I re-design the floor space in my trailer to fit both bikes.

robbijer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an F-150 with the 6.5 foot bed and my FZ barely fits in it with the tailgate shut, tires touch on each end.