Trailering an fz6

Topher

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to take my first trip trailering the fz and wanted to see if you guys had any tips on loading strapping down and so forth. I will have to rent a uhaul bike trailer for it cause I don't own my own yet

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Soft straps around the lower triple/fork. Tie downs attached and pulling the bike forward / down to the trailer.

Same to the rear sub-frame pulling FORWARD (not towards the back). There should be a front wheel stop on the trailer.

For my trailer, I use a "Canyon Dancer" simply as back up on the bars, (not super tight).

As I have racks on my trailer, I use a HD Black rubber bungee cord around the rear tire to rail to keep the rear wheel from jumping out on say a really hard bump..

Pic's are of my homemade trailer (with my old Goldwing and FJR on it):

This trailer below (different / larger wheels), was one of my earlier trailers I built. The above trailer, ^^^, is what I currently have.

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I put two ties downs at the front around the lower triple and then two more at the back around the rear subframe.

Just make sure not to strap it down too tightly.

Topher

Reaction score
Visit site
31545.jpg31532.jpgreceived_10101290259543345.jpgreceived_10101290259548335.jpg

Scott I wanted to thank you for all the help. The two older picture are the ones that its on a porch the new ones are next to my Jeep. but it has come a long way and that scorpion exhaust is bad ass love it.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a very nice trailer you have there! I've been scoping trailers out myself lately.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Here's my current trailer setup, I recently drove 700 miles round trip to pick up my Street Triple. The gas mileage was atrocious, I much prefer to tow an open trailer.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scott I wanted to thank you for all the help. The two older picture are the ones that its on a porch the new ones are next to my Jeep. but it has come a long way and that scorpion exhaust is bad ass love it.

Your welcome! Do you have the DB killers installed? If so, pull em and try it...

I had to buy the DB killer separately. Once I installed them, it didn't make it to the end of the driveway, they got yanked...(sounded like stock)..