Traded one of my FZ6's for a SV1000S

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!! One of the best sounding bikes out there, in my opinion. Would love to compare it to my FZ1, powerband-wise (I bet SV has loads more low end)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!! One of the best sounding bikes out there, in my opinion. Would love to compare it to my FZ1, powerband-wise (I bet SV has loads more low end)

Pretty sure the SV1000 makes around 80 ft lbs.

My riding buddy has a 2007 SV1000S and we swapped bikes a few times. It's a different beast from the FZ6...loads of power but I miss the high revving power of the FZ6...the SV has that power everywhere! Compared to the SV, the FZ6 (with properly synced TB's) is like a ferrari (smooth as silk) versus a Viper GTS muscle motor.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure the SV1000 makes around 80 ft lbs.

My riding buddy has a 2007 SV1000S and we swapped bikes a few times. It's a different beast from the FZ6...loads of power but I miss the high revving power of the FZ6...the SV has that power everywhere! Compared to the SV, the FZ6 (with properly synced TB's) is like a ferrari (smooth as silk) versus a Viper GTS muscle motor.

On I'm sure it's night and day in terms of power delivery compared to FZ6.. I'm curious how it compares to FZ1 at low RPM. Would be cool to see torque curve for both :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On I'm sure it's night and day in terms of power delivery compared to FZ6.. I'm curious how it compares to FZ1 at low RPM. Would be cool to see torque curve for both :D

I would guess that it's going to pull better at low RPM than the FZ1 or pre 09 R1 but after that the FZ1 and R1 will beat it HP wise and for top end power. I think the SV1000 shines for most everyday use in the twisties and hiway. For me a 250cc engine generally has all I need to get me into trouble in a turn so after you ride today's 600cc bikes you realizes there are not that many benefits to a bigger engine although they are lot's of fun. They're going to push you out of a turn quicker and naturally the twin will give you grunt at the lower RPM.

The FZ1 has always been one of my favorite bikes and in the price range for what I would buy today.

More than anything else it's the smile on your own face that counts the most. I could sit and count benchmarks from guys that are paying bills by publishing them to us but in the end it's that feeling I have when I roll in tired from a days ride, turn off the motor and want to restart that motor and roll out again! :BLAA:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I think I have dyno plots on my home PC to compare. Granted its my old 1125R but it will give a relate comparison of torque between the two. I probably won't be able to post them until tomorrow night.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk