TPS Report

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
...lol... +2 points if the title made you laugh. If not, you should really watch "Office Space".

Anyway... finally got the TPS recall done on my '04. MAN!! What a difference. Definitely a different response, and no more lugging at 3k-4k rpm. Idle RPM is up a bit too. I wasn't too worried about it since I did the diag check and it showed to be OK. I guess if it ain't broke, but there is a recall, you should go ahead and fix it. My bike is now a lot closer to what I was expecting from it.

Oh... on a side note... if the Blue is faster than the Red, where does the Liquid Silver fit in?... lol

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
...lol... +2 points if the title made you laugh. If not, you should really watch "Office Space".

Anyway... finally got the TPS recall done on my '04. MAN!! What a difference. Definitely a different response, and no more lugging at 3k-4k rpm. Idle RPM is up a bit too. I wasn't too worried about it since I did the diag check and it showed to be OK. I guess if it ain't broke, but there is a recall, you should go ahead and fix it. My bike is now a lot closer to what I was expecting from it.

Oh... on a side note... if the Blue is faster than the Red, where does the Liquid Silver fit in?... lol

Hooray, I happy to hear you bike is running better.

Years ago when I started with the Company we has TPS reports, Transaction Processing System! I ran TPS 13 all the time, "Inventory Levels and Locations" . However we didn't have any cover sheets!

I don't think silver is even on the speed scale, perhaps Defy Inertia can chime in on that comment. ;)

"I want my Swingline."

J

jsteinb95

LOL....didn't register til you said that. I love that movie!!!

Glad you got that taken care of! :thumbup:

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
20071126-tps_report2.jpg

:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
HA! I just printed that out and had a talk with my employees about their TPS reports, one of them hadn't seen the movie and is on notice.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

'Tis very funny !!!

From my experiance, the Silver one's are faster than a speeding bullet !!!

and I think that the Blue one's are faster than the Red one's but still I haven't seen one going faster than about 35 MPH ;-)

Ben

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats this about a recall RE the 2004 TPS? I had been wondering if the that annoying lurching/lugging, whatever you want to call it, was the TPS.

A mate of mine has an '05 YZ450F, it was doing a similar thing, so when a mechanic/electrician friend of ours was doing some work on it, he disconnected the TPS, and now it runs smooth as silk.

Where did you find out about the recall? I am the second owner of my 2004 Liquid Silver, so perhaps this is why I didn't know about it.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't too worried about it since I did the diag check and it showed to be OK. I guess if it ain't broke, but there is a recall, you should go ahead and fix it. My bike is now a lot closer to what I was expecting from it.

Glad yours is running better and after this week I agree wholeheartedly with getting the recall done even if you haven't has issues.

My diag had always checked ok and my local dealer is so brutal that I had been putting off doing the recall even though in theory it would be free (ref. brutal dealer comment) along with my misplaced assumption that my idle would start to wander before I had to worry. Long story kinda short, on the commute home Wed the bike was running fine as normal until I got off an off-ramp, clutched in to shift and she stalled. Thankfully had the presence of mind to keep clutch in and coasted to a safe area while trying to re-start to no avail. Once in the safe area managed to get it going by holding part throttle and limped home maintaining part throttle the whole way but the rpms were all over the place. In addition to the symptons, my TPS diag no longer checks ok so it's off to get the recall done - although I'm going to trailer to a better dealer 80 miles away (did I mention the local is brutal).

Based on this, you might not get a warning before it goes south and the timing could have been a lot more dangerous. So don't be an idiot like me and just get the recall done if your bike is in affected group.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats this about a recall RE the 2004 TPS? I had been wondering if the that annoying lurching/lugging, whatever you want to call it, was the TPS.

A mate of mine has an '05 YZ450F, it was doing a similar thing, so when a mechanic/electrician friend of ours was doing some work on it, he disconnected the TPS, and now it runs smooth as silk.

Where did you find out about the recall? I am the second owner of my 2004 Liquid Silver, so perhaps this is why I didn't know about it.

I'm the 2nd owner of my '04 & it was running fine, however, when Defyinertia sent me a PM suggesting bad things could happen if you neglect the 2 (two!) recalls :eek: & also suggested I call a Yamaha shop w/my VIN to see if they had been done.........I did it. (THANKS DEFY)
Short story long - they hadn't been done so they ordered parts & I got a scheduled date to get them done. Of course when I got there days later they could only do 1 of them due to backordered parts! Of course!! So I'm going tomorrow morn. to get the rear axle washer/nut, whatever replaced for the 2nd recall. This is all no charge too, BTW.:cheer:
I'd suggest you call & I did notice a difference from the TPS replacement!!:Flash:
Oh, yeah I have no idea what movie is being talked about here - but oh, well.

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to share my recent TPS adventure. I have an 04 FZ6 with
4500 miles, and TPS was acting up. Took it to my dealer and they replaced TPS sensor and the retaining nut on countershaft sprocket. Both were factory
recall, so there was no charge to me. When I drove the bike, it did run a little
better until it warmed up and then ran terrible.
Just on a hunch, I replaced the spark plugs with NGK CR9EIK. Took about
an hour and several scrapes on my hands. But boy did it wake up the bike!
I would suggest that anyone with a bad TPS just change the plugs also, as
they have been drenched with a very rich mixture.
It's very good to have my healthy FZ6 back!
Now just waiting for the scrapes on my hands to heal.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I did my TPS on the '05 it was a WORLD of difference. I didn't really have a problem with the bike IMHO, but afterward, I realized I did have a problem and I just thought it was a quirk of the FZ6.... not a defect.

Blue FTW.... clearly the faster one. All the other colors get discontinued. :D