Tps question

Parisherj

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up an 05 fz6 the other week with 22k on it. Runs pretty good but have a vibration over 7k. Read a lot about tps issues. Checked mine through the self diagnostics. Read somewhere the values should be between 15-17 at idle and near 100 at WOT. Mine reads 10 at idle and 96 at WOT. Is that far enough out to fool with? Or should I go ahead and adjust it.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Numbers are fine.
Read the sticky in the tech section about a cure for vibrations, spark plug caps... New plugs and bettering the boot to wire connection may reduce the vibs.

Parisherj

Reaction score
Visit site
I've changed the plugs along with oil and air filter. Also replaced the chain and sprockets. (The chain took out a lot of the vibration). I've also heard about syncing the throttle bodys could help. But I've also heard that some vibration is just normal. This is my first sport bike so I'm soaking it all in now and sort through the BS later.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, check and re-torque (if necessary) ALL the engine to frame mounting bolts.

Especially the 3 "arms" that extend down. Use a GOOD torque wrench, 40' lbs.

They can loosen up over time and cause some vib's

Parisherj

Reaction score
Visit site
Never thought of that. I'll go over that tomorrow. I have found a lot of minor things on this thing. From loose bolts or just missing bolts. This bike was really neglected.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Read the sticky in the tech section!!!!
Replacing the plugs does not fix it all by itself. If the connection at the boot to wire is bad, it can cause this...

TB sync induced vibes are all over by 3.5K as the butterflies are allowing all the air through...

Parisherj

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the plug wires. They seem fine but I didn't really pay too much attention to them. I'll pull them back apart and doublecheck them. As a general rule or new purchases I usually do go over them pretty good. Basically do fix what previous owners have jacked up. Like the headlight modification someone did to this bike by simply twisting wires and using electrical tape. If you're going to do it you might as will do it right, is more my style. Thank you again to everyone for the help with the tips on this bike. I'm sure I will be back again searching around for other questions.

Parisherj

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I found that wright up a few weeks ago and did the mod the right way. Fixed the wires that were hacked into and heat shrinked them.

Parisherj

Reaction score
Visit site
TB sync induced vibes are all over by 3.5K as the butterflies are allowing all the air through...[/QUOTE]

This is why I ask and read up on everything I can. Thanks. It runs perfect up to there so I won't mess with that.