touring screen

remme61

remme61
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I give: gytr,puig,givi,calsci, 20,22,24inch?????? Just want a slightly less turbulant ride at 50-70 mph or so during my commute! I've read every thread I can find and still no concenses! I'm currently looking at the 2 givi offerings. Anyone have either of these?? Ron

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's because there isn't one. ;) There is a post out there somewhere which has what I tried out so far (I can't remember which thread it is in now). I am on my 4th screen and still searching for the "perfect" one. If you find one, I would like to hear your opinion.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody here has 440D. Seen a thread about it while back although the person did not say a lot about it. It is about the size of the medium size Cee-Baileys (I have the largest size Cee-Bailey on my bike at the moment). I haven't tried 440D yet, but from the look of it (I checked them out at the last motorcycle show), you will have the helmet noise with it because the majority of the wind will hit you right at your helmet when you are moving at highway speeds. As long as you wear ear-plugs, you will be fine, but be prepared for that noise. You will, however, have much smoother rides, will not get thrown around, and will not get tired as easily if you are high speed (highway) rider. I find that to be the trade off with these types of screens (noise vs. comfort). I do most of my riding at highway speeds with bunch of buses, trucks around me, so I choose comfort.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Givi tall windscreen, but on an 06. Its no wider than the stock windscreen, but is 4-5'' taller with a bit of a lip on the top. It takes the windblast off of my chest compared to the stock windscreen but is still very noisy. I can tour alot longer without the same amount of fatigue experienced with the stock windscreen.
The windblast coming off the Givi at freeway speed (65-85 mph) seems to dip down right before my helmet and blasts under my helmet (Arai Vector) creating alot of wind noise. Its okay if you are wearing earplugs but a "still pocket of air" behind the windscreen is non-existent unless you lay on the tank. FYI

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Okay, I give: gytr,puig,givi,calsci, 20,22,24inch?????? Just want a slightly less turbulant ride at 50-70 mph or so during my commute! I've read every thread I can find and still no concenses! I'm currently looking at the 2 givi offerings. Anyone have either of these?? Ron

Erici recently took a saw to his screen, and put four large openings in it to relieve the vacuum created by the screen. Claims very good, still air behind the screen, equal to no windscreen at all....... that's really good.

Can't remember if he was hacking up a GIVI screen or what. But the bigger the vents, the 'smoother' the air.

Gobs

Reaction score
Visit site

remme61

remme61
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Guys! All very helpful. I've ordered a givi 440d and will receive it sometime in the middle of June! I'll post on the results. I may add an mra spoiler to it if it doesn't "Do enough" Thanks again; Ron

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Guys! All very helpful. I've ordered a givi 440d and will receive it sometime in the middle of June! I'll post on the results. I may add an mra spoiler to it if it doesn't "Do enough" Thanks again; Ron

OH This is Terrific news RON!!! i WILL GO AND BAKE SOME CINAMON ROLLS AND CELEBRATE!!!! I(i will propably eat the whole pan by my self) giggles..... :justkidding: :iconbeer: :iconbeer: :iconbeer: :iconbeer: :iconbeer: :iconbeer:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com

why'd you steal my driveway pic of MY bike??? get your own man!

Last edited:

dnellans

Reaction score
Visit site
Where were you able to find the givi touring screen? I've tried 3 vendors who have all charged me only to refund me 2 weeks later when it turns out they can't actually get the givi touring screen claiming that givi has none in stock to actually ship them...

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
interesting topic, on my mind right now as I'm on day 4 of a 5 day trip....
stock screen had to go (07), turbulence at speed was trying to suck the
helmet off my head...tried the Puig double bubble...horrible, even worse
though I didn't think it possible (looked cool as heck though) now have the
OEM Yamaha touring screen on the last 4 days...much cleaner air, not much
rain protection however....but it howls like mad, noisier than the stock one,
had to plug the ears but they're still ringing off the hook at the end of a pretty
long day-500+kms...>2000 so far this weekend...gonna try the Cee Bailey
next I think...gotta be something that will give comfort, rain protection and
not make me deaf

5 ft. 8 rider...mostly looking at some medium distance touring

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
interesting topic, on my mind right now as I'm on day 4 of a 5 day trip....
stock screen had to go (07), turbulence at speed was trying to suck the
helmet off my head...tried the Puig double bubble...horrible, even worse
though I didn't think it possible (looked cool as heck though) now have the
OEM Yamaha touring screen on the last 4 days...much cleaner air, not much
rain protection however....but it howls like mad, noisier than the stock one,
had to plug the ears but they're still ringing off the hook at the end of a pretty
long day-500+kms...>2000 so far this weekend...gonna try the Cee Bailey
next I think...gotta be something that will give comfort, rain protection and
not make me deaf

5 ft. 8 rider...mostly looking at some medium distance touring

You thought OEM Yamaha touring screen was loud.... ;)
Read on.... http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/13446-fz6-screen-poll-7.html#post304596

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the 440D screen with the hopes it offers some wind protction of my hands on cold mornings. Based on the shape, it is the only windscreen I could find that extends arround the sides.

I am hoping for better overall isolation also, but am concerned about noise.

I ordered from Premeir Cycles a couple weeks ago. They said it will be shipped to me directly from Givi at the end of May, but who knows if/when I'll get it.

I am actually pretty happy with the stock faring and screen, but would like better protection for my hands, and did not really want to get hand deflectors.

Happy riding.
Dan