Touring boots

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
After getting my new TS seat, I'm sitting a little bit lower on the bike. At 6'3'' this makes my foot position a little different. I've been wearing Icon Super Duty 4 boots for a while now, and although I think they will still be my 'around town' boots, they're not so comfortable anymore for longer rides. Today after a 3 hour ride, the buckle starts to dig into the top part of my ankle, which is no good. So I'm in the market for some new boots. I want something that will be comfortable on long rides, is waterproof, and won't break my bank. I know good boots won't be cheap, so anything in the $200 range is what I'm looking for. I also want something that will be comfortable to walk around in. Any suggestions?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorrad by BMW I have a pair after a pair of dainese and I thought theD's were good. The motorrad were soooo comfy on first try and 12 months later still so and waterproof as well and really water proof no seepage nothing. DRY AS A BONE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sory bout the spillong, fat fingers!

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just been through a boot search and settled on Sidi ST. I liked the Gaerne GP1 better as a boot, but it pinched my ankle bone. Considering that those Icons look like just over the ankle, you may like the Sidi Apex; no buckle to dig in. Though maybe it would be similar value/more comfort to lower the pegs by the amount the seat lowered?

SIDI Apex Boots from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Sorry, didn't notice you said waterproof! :don'tknow: Not sure on that aspect, but they are Lorica...

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with my TCX boots. They seem to be good value and are pretty low key style-wise. They have a couple models under $200 that might fit the bill.

I have a pair of the previous gen X-Five leather and Gore-Tex boots I got at half price on closeout a couple winters back. Liked them enough to buy the Airtech Gore-Tex which I wear in hotter weather. They indeed let a bit of air pass through and are waterproof. For walking, I haven't worn them off the bike for more than running some quick errands, but they didn't hobble me. Wouldn't want to walk all day in them, however. I change to other shoes at the office if I commute with them. The boots have adequate room to tuck in your pant legs, and they cinch tight enough against your legs if you're an over-the-boot kind of guy. TCX size 42 fit my normally US 9.5 feet with a bit of room for thick socks if needed, if that helps extrapolate other sizes.

As always, the extra commentary and pics at motorcyclegear.com plus the videos and user reviews at revzilla.com and sportbiketrackgear.com are a big help when shopping online:

Boots > All Types > TCX :: MotorcycleGear.com

Last edited:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with my TCX boots. They seem to be good value and are pretty low key style-wise. They have a couple models under $200 that might fit the bill.

I have a pair of the previous gen X-Five leather and Gore-Tex boots I got at half price on closeout a couple winters back. Liked them enough to buy the Airtech Gore-Tex which I wear in hotter weather. They indeed let a bit of air pass through and are waterproof. For walking, I haven't worn them off the bike for more than running some quick errands, but they didn't hobble me. Wouldn't want to walk all day in them, however. I change to other shoes at the office if I commute with them. The boots have adequate room to tuck in your pant legs, and they cinch tight enough against your legs if you're an over-the-boot kind of guy. TCX size 42 fit my normally US 9.5 feet with a bit of room for thick socks if needed, if that helps extrapolate other sizes.

As always, the extra commentary and pics at motorcyclegear.com plus the videos and user reviews at revzilla.com and sportbiketrackgear.com are a big help when shopping online:

Boots > All Types > TCX :: MotorcycleGear.com

Hey thanks for the reviews everyone. I think I may end out buying the TCX X5 boots. They have a great reviews all over the net. I'll let you know how they turn out!

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: If you go the TCX route, probably get a size smaller than their size chart recommends. I agree with many of the customer reviews that say they run large.