Torqued Frame?

warthogcrewchief

Reaction score
Visit site
When it comes to straightening out the steering, it's actually really easy. First, you have to rule out a bent frame, which I think we can safely say is not bent. Next, be sure the forks aren't bent. If they appear straight, but the handlebars appear ****eyed compared the the cord (path) of the tire, then this is the fix:

Loosen up the bolts on the upper and lower triple tree. However, loosen up ONLY ONE SIDE. Try the left side first for S&G, and then when the fork is loose enough to slide in and out, twist the handlebars to match the cord. I stand above the fender, using my knees to hold the fender and front wheel while I twist the handlebars to match.

After you're satisfied with the adjustment, be sure the top of the fork is flush with the top triple tree (and/or the same height as the other fork) as this can have mess with the handling/steering.

Good luck!

netopalis007

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, god, I know you're going to hate me and I apologize for contributing nothing to this thread, but I just can't get over the mental image that popped into my tiny noggin when I saw the photos.

vpMj0RI.jpg

That....
Is pretty freaking hilarious.

When it comes to straightening out the steering, it's actually really easy. First, you have to rule out a bent frame, which I think we can safely say is not bent. Next, be sure the forks aren't bent. If they appear straight, but the handlebars appear ****eyed compared the the cord (path) of the tire, then this is the fix:

Loosen up the bolts on the upper and lower triple tree. However, loosen up ONLY ONE SIDE. Try the left side first for S&G, and then when the fork is loose enough to slide in and out, twist the handlebars to match the cord. I stand above the fender, using my knees to hold the fender and front wheel while I twist the handlebars to match.

After you're satisfied with the adjustment, be sure the top of the fork is flush with the top triple tree (and/or the same height as the other fork) as this can have mess with the handling/steering.

Good luck!

Thanks again for the advice! The bike lives at my mom's house, so I will check it out next time I am over there. If I remember right, there is probably a compound problem because I'm pretty sure the handlebars themselves are bent a little. While that doesn't actually cause a steering problem, its just weird enough to feel off!