Top Speed

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, the fastest I have gone since I picked up my bike 8 days ago is 148 kph on a night run from Torquay to Geelong when the mate (Has a LAMS Hyosung 650) said, " give it to it on the way home to see the difference in the bikes accelleration."
I left him for dead and slowed down after 148.

So, what is the top speed for a standard FZ6S?

Rumpole. (Not available to defend anyone doing a test to find out for him!)

Cheers

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I am aware the official top speed is 226kph/141mph.

No doubt someone will tell you that they have had considerably more.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I've witnessed 131 mph on the speedometer and the bike was still going faster. I simply ran out of road before topping the bike out. The FZ6 is no slouch when it comes to speed.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine to 230 kph at the German Autobahn when driving to the Nürburgring with a mate of mine who drives a BMW M3. It still got some revs left so I suspect the absolute top is 250 kph.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried using the search function?

There are many top speed threads already posted so there will be no need for anymore members to risk their lives and break the law and add to this thread.

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator

It has built in maps for loads of bikes including the FZ6, and also shows the effect of swapping sprockets which a few people on here have done.

I found it when I went for a spin on my bike and needed to "make progress" past a caravan and topped a ton (imperial units) a gear lower than I had before. I just had to check if it was possible or I'd miscounted. It appears that 3rd will reach 100mph with some to spare which is as fast as I want to go :eek:

So in summary the top speed is on this bike is ... something you should never reach.

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the time I hit 225 to 227. There have been times on down-hill areas and days with a tail wind that I have hit 235 and once it hit 239. It has been a while since I have done the really fast stuff though, nowadays I just go play on the twisty roads.

thetimanator

Reaction score
Visit site
152 mph (244kph) on the speedo. I was trying to chase down my roommate on his R6 and then I looked down...oops. Don't think I'll do that again.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
210 km/h on the GPS while the speedo was reading 217 but i have had it flat out in top gear with the speedo showing 247 km/h , no GPS to verify how inaccurate the speedo was that time tho :(

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
I hit 243km/h on the speedo but prob is considerably less in real speed. Of course it was on either a closed road or race track just to be safe.

Paradisio

Tries to keep up
Reaction score
Visit site
Indicated 157mph on the speedo, but who knows how far that is off. I'm not big on top speed, I have more fun in the twisties, but everytime I get a new bike I try to top it out somewhere where there is little to no traffic during the day.

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the time I hit 225 to 227. There have been times on down-hill areas and days with a tail wind that I have hit 235 and once it hit 239. It has been a while since I have done the really fast stuff though, nowadays I just go play on the twisty roads.

So I just replaced the coolant because the bike was not getting up over 212 -214. What a difference it screamed up to 225 and then climbed up to 230 before I backed off. What a good bike. If you are good to the bike it will be good to you.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How did you take the picture? Going that fast and all. Did you one hand it or something?

Speedo healer has a top speed memory recall. ;) I do some dumb things from time to time, but one handing the bike at 140 mph isn't one of them.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all.
I won't be going anywhere near the top speed.
I have found the accelleration of the bike is great.
Went out to one of my favorite country roads yesterday and hit the hills and bends. The bike is confidence inspiring and rock solid.

Oh yeah, and plenty of people look at the bike when parked and comment how good it looks!

Cheers and thanks,

:rockon:

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine up to the mid 150s (mph, indicated) once and she was still pulling, ran out of road though. Probly never do it again, but it was fun to do ONCE!