Top Saddlery shipping

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I bit the bullet and ponied up for the TS seat. Not to bad, about $360. I got the shipping tracking code but, well, I dont speak or read french. Probably do better with chinese. So i figured out where to enter the code and I keep getting this message:

lis Numéro EY022497026FR à destination de US972
Date Libellé Site detraitement
Colis Sorti du territoire de depart Centre Export

It seems to be saying its not departed? Or is it in transit? God I hope its on the way I'm on the road in a couple weeks.
Anyone got some experience with this? A knowledge of the wine and cheese language?

thanks for any help :tard:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey.. i recently ordered mine and it took a week from order to be delivered.. but im on the east coast, so for you, i would think 2 weeks.. a nd your seat is currently in french customs waiting to be exported according to your info... gotta give it some time due to them being across the pond.. no worries though..

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
7 days from order to door for me... Also east coast. The status on their site will only change once more and you'll have no idea when it will come. After it is cleared from customs, the status will change for the last time.

I know you're anxious but be patient. They do ship rather quick. I didn't expect mine so soon!

racinchase

Reaction score
Visit site
Im a bit leary of ordering on.. to may materal options and no good pics... and its more than a corbin... any one got some good pics of one on a 07??

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry I have not had time to get pics till now, this has some pics of the seat:

http://picasaweb.google.com/DocSimple1969/ElectronicsAndSeat?feat=directlink

Also has some other pics with the seat covered but you will get the idea. BTW, I think this clocks in under the price of a Corbin. I have read mixed reviews of the corbin and nothing but good about this seat, which I like quite a bit as well.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im a bit leary of ordering on.. to may materal options and no good pics... and its more than a corbin... any one got some good pics of one on a 07??

Search for FZ6inNH and Top Saddlery as I've got pics of it new and installed on the '08. I also posted the order with all the materials mine was comprised of. :D

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site

Picasa Web Albums - Jonathan - Electronics a...

Also has some other pics with the seat covered but you will get the idea. BTW, I think this clocks in under the price of a Corbin. I have read mixed reviews of the corbin and nothing but good about this seat, which I like quite a bit as well.

That looks like the one I ordered last Friday. I cannot tell from your pictures, is the FZ6 logo on your seat in a sort of generic font, or is it in the style that matches the FZ6 graphic on our fairing? The one I ordered has the red piping with the FZ6 in a simple font. I would have preferred the other style, but the available seats with that style of lettering had either gray or white piping and lettering, and I wanted the red:)

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
hey.. i recently ordered mine and it took a week from order to be delivered.. but im on the east coast, so for you, i would think 2 weeks.. a nd your seat is currently in french customs waiting to be exported according to your info... gotta give it some time due to them being across the pond.. no worries though..

I ordered last Friday, my current shipping status is "Colis sorti du territoire de départ”. I do not speak French, but an on-line translation service provided the following English translation: “package to go out territory of departure.” I am not certain if this means that package has already departed France or it is ready to go but has not yet departed. I sent an e-mail to Top Saddlery asking for clarification, but have received no reply. Who actually delivers it in the US? UPS? FedEx? US Postal Service?

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I think they use the basic font on their "special" priced seats so that something is reserved for people willing to pay more, so yes, I have that rounded sort of font.

Mine said that for a bout a week and then i just forgot about for another week and it showed up. About 2 weeks total.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered last Friday, my current shipping status is "Colis sorti du territoire de départ”. I do not speak French, but an on-line translation service provided the following English translation: “package to go out territory of departure.” I am not certain if this means that package has already departed France or it is ready to go but has not yet departed. I sent an e-mail to Top Saddlery asking for clarification, but have received no reply. Who actually delivers it in the US? UPS? FedEx? US Postal Service?

This means it left customs and is on the way. After mine said this online, I got it in 6 days to the East Coast. There are no more updates to be seen online and they won't really respond to these questions once it leaves customs. Patience and it will auto-magically appear. :D

It came FedEX and the guy apologized because the label was missing the suite number and he had it for two days tracking me down. :rolleyes:

Forget about it and start thinking about how you will transfer all the rubber bumpers over to the new seat. By the time you have some great ideas, it will be there for you to get frustrated with. ;)

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Forget about it and start thinking about how you will transfer all the rubber bumpers over to the new seat. By the time you have some great ideas, it will be there for you to get frustrated with. ;)

I didnt transfer any bumpers and it sits fine. Did I miss something or was it ordered without a base?

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site

Picasa Web Albums - Jonathan - Electronics a...

I went and looked at your pictures again. The seat looks great. Of course that makes it that much harder to be patient, a virtue which I do not have in abundance.

I also noticed the tank bag. Is that a Rapid Transit Bradley? If so, how do you like it? I got one of those a while back when NewEnough had them on sale for something like $15, but haven't put it on yet. Not quite sure where all those straps are supposed to go. I also got a Rapid Transit Abrams but have not tried it yet either.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
This means it left customs and is on the way. After mine said this online, I got it in 6 days to the East Coast. There are no more updates to be seen online and they won't really respond to these questions once it leaves customs. Patience and it will auto-magically appear. :D

It came FedEX and the guy apologized because the label was missing the suite number and he had it for two days tracking me down. :rolleyes:

I actually did get a response to my inquiry - I was told that the package is now arriving in the US and I should receive it in the "very next few days." My tracking status also changed to "Colis en instance en douane", which translates to "package in instance in customs", I assume that is US customs. I'm hoping for next Monday or Tuesday delivery.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org

hmmm, mine came through he post office. and my wife had to write a 40 dollar check to a collections agency to get the seat. did everyone else's come fedex?

i also didn't change any bumpers. i just put the seat on and it does a marvelous job.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did your seats come WITH 8 rubber bumpers on it? If not, then yes, you've missed something and need to transfer them from the old seat. What you might think fits fine now could warp, bend or crack the seat pan as it flexes under your weight while riding. Please take a look and make sure you've got all 8 bumpers installed. It would be a shame to break the seat pan on those little sofas!

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I went and looked at your pictures again. The seat looks great. Of course that makes it that much harder to be patient, a virtue which I do not have in abundance.

I also noticed the tank bag. Is that a Rapid Transit Bradley? If so, how do you like it? I got one of those a while back when NewEnough had them on sale for something like $15, but haven't put it on yet. Not quite sure where all those straps are supposed to go. I also got a Rapid Transit Abrams but have not tried it yet either.

Yup, its a Bradley. Real happy with it. Fits well and I know its never gonna fall off. The big bag on the back is also Rapid Transit. Also a closeout. There stuff is pretty nice and I seem to keep catching them on sale :thumbup:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
...Of course that makes it that much harder to be patient, a virtue which I do not have in abundance.

Didn't need much patience, the seat arrived today! Eight days from order to delivery, but then again, it cost $100 for shipping so it ought to come fast. It was delived by the US Postal Service, they justed wanted my signature, no extra money. The packaging was pretty minimal, just a cardboard box with a few scraps of extra seat foam tossed in, and the seat wrapped in brown paper. But it survived the trip, so I guess all is well.

The seat looks great of course. The seat base appears to be brand new, not a used one as reported by another member. There are no rubber bumpers so I guess I'll be transferring the ones from my old one.