Top Saddlery Ordered!!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well with the strong Canadian Dollar, I finally pulled the trigger on getting a TS seat!

Big thanks goes out to all the previous TS owners on here who took the time to write reviews and post details and pictures of their TS seats! It was a huge help in ordering mine and making the decision to purchase one.

Total with shipping to Canada was $422.00 CDN (350 Euros). Not bad considering a few months ago it was over $500 for the same seat!

Here are my seat details:

Type 1 deluxe seat
YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 600 [≥ 2003]

Model Year : 2005
Colors and materials
Front of seat : SEL065
Front strip : SEL003
Seats : SEL065
Strips : SEL003
Edging : SEL090
Stitching and embroiderery
3 cm stitching line : Silver
Font : Boris
Inscription thread colour : Silver
Text : FZ6
Designs on seats
Designs : no
Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Shape : standard
Gel® : none
Seat heaters : none
Base options
Choice : I buy a base

I post up some pics once it has arrived (hoping 2-3 weeks).

Will be nice to have it for this years 'touring' trip with my mates in August. Every year we go on a several day riding trip and every year my butt feels like it's going to fall off after 2 hours in the saddle and I'm asking myself "why the f*@k didn't you order the dang TS seat?!?" Hopefully this year will be different.

I also plan on modding my rear seat cowel to fit overtop of the TS seat.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
your going to love the seat... best money i ever spent (besides the bike in the first place)

Awesome! That's what I want to hear!

With the stock seat, I can only endure about 1.5hours before I need to get off for a bit. I'm hoping this TS seat will change that.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Boneman! I want one so bad...they have to be one of the nicest looking additions to the bike! Especially when you get the FZ6 stitched in and the stitching to match the color of your bike. I can't wait to see some pics!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it's a great seat. Very comfy and good looking.
Just hope yours get there without the dearded tear.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! That's what I want to hear!

With the stock seat, I can only endure about 1.5hours before I need to get off for a bit. I'm hoping this TS seat will change that.

oh man.. i bet you cant wait.. im usually good for a 2.5-3hours before i "have" to get off...

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my Top Saddlery seat for a year now and absolutly love it. :thumbup::thumbup: It makes riding long distances no problem and definitly alot more fun. :rockon:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Great to hear guys! Sounds like me and my butt will be very happy!

Figured this was a good purchase as I hope to be upgrading next year to instructing Traffic Course and for that we use our own bikes and it's all day Saturday and Sunday in the saddle! Hey, maybe I can "write it off" as a 'work expense'!?! :thumbup:

Ka-raa

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking all through the forum for good places to get my seat re-upholstered and stumbled upon your post. The seats on the TS site look fantastic! I'll definitely be ordering one for myself soon!
Cant wait for pics :)

mmorales85

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Boneman. I just ordered the my saddle on April 23 and I JUST received it now. So Im thinking it should reach you in about 3 weeks time. Im about to take pictures of it and will write a full review by either end of the night tonight or tomorrow night. Ill let you guys know how it goes!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hey Boneman. I just ordered the my saddle on April 23 and I JUST received it now. So Im thinking it should reach you in about 3 weeks time. Im about to take pictures of it and will write a full review by either end of the night tonight or tomorrow night. Ill let you guys know how it goes!

Ahhh but you forget I am in the magical, frozen 5th dimension known as Canada! For some strange reason packages can seem to take several weeks longer to cross that invisible line called the Canada/US border! "USA, no problem, be there tomorow...oh, what's that, "Canada"....oh that will be 6-8 weeks.....".:spank:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Congrats Boneman!
Top Saddlery seats are awesome and comfortable...

Waiting for your pics and review.

Cheers,
Gobs

Thanks Gobs,

Your detailed and well presented review helped my decision to puchase a lot! Well done and thank you for taking the time to be so thorough! :thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
smailsle_01e.gif

Think I found your delivery delay issue....

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh but you forget I am in the magical, frozen 5th dimension known as Canada! For some strange reason packages can seem to take several weeks longer to cross that invisible line called the Canada/US border! "USA, no problem, be there tomorow...oh, what's that, "Canada"....oh that will be 6-8 weeks.....".:spank:

The seat shouldn't cross the us Canada border since it is coming from Europe. I have received things from HK in under a week, I have got a package from Finland in just over a week, but if i order from Bellingham Washington it takes 2 weeks +.

I don't understand why there is such a delay from US to Canada. I could drive there in less time.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
What kills me is the many, many companies that for some reason WONT ship to Canada?!?! I don't understand what is so special/scarry about shipping to Canada?

Christ, at most you have to fill out a little card stating what's in the box and it's value for customs and stil it in the mail box....why is that so hard in this day and age is beyone me. Not to mention all those businesses just miss out on Canada as a viable market.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
WOOT! :cheer: The seat just arrived this morning!!!! I'm simply stunned at how fast they made it and got it shipped! I've ordered stuff from Seattle that took 3 times as long to get here!?!?

The funny thing is I had JUST emailed them earlier this morning asking for a status update on my order as I hadn't received any emails from them. They never sent me an email saying it was finished and being shipped. Oh well, it's here! :thumbup:

I will get pics up later today when I get home.

First impressions out of the box: They did a supurb job by the looks of it. No 'dreaded rip' and everything seems to be aligned and well made! They even made and stapled on edge protectors made of extra material on both front corners and the entire back edge. I will take pics of the protectorrs before I remove them.

Stay tuned!