Top Saddlery Is Having a Sale

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
3 more on sale today!

153 Euros each

I was going to grab one, but then there is the 61 Euros for 'deposit' for shiping them back your seat in exchange and 75 Euros just for shiping to Canada! The price suddenly got very steep, very quick!

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
I'm AWFULLY tempted to jump on one of those...but having already bought a Corbin, I have a feeling it wouldn't go over well with the home finance manager. :D

They sound so much more comfy than the Corbin. I've had my Corbin for a few years and it's okay, just the butt burn can be just as bad as the stocker within an hour or two.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I remember correctly it was around $366. I didn't even think it would come with a used base.

Is there a big difference in the seat cushion, and which one did you buy. I am looking at the Type 1 deluxe with the RED stitching and paying for a base.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I'm not sure. I'll take all the pics you want me too though. Here is a pic of the two side by side. Let me know what else you need.

thunderbolt69

Reaction score
Visit site
Up here in canada it's pretty tough with the unemployment rate so high and our dollar so low that I had to opt for the poor mans' solution:)
Canadian Tire Gel auto seat = $39.99 reg., on sale $9.99
Woven Belt strapping 1" x 48" = $6.50
Sew on Velcro 3/4" x 12" = $2.50
Mother who knows how to sew = $Hugs
No more hemorrhoid pain = priceless

Pictures to follow.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
This week I've been riding a couple of days with the stock saddle. Reason being I had to park the bike outside overnight, wanted to keep the new fancy saddle dry, yeah it's new so I'm still somewhat protective, it will wear off :D Anyway, I can say the Top Saddlery saddle is brilliant, it's like a nice comfy seat, a throne, stock saddle feels like a stool compared to it. If can really recommend it, especially for the longer rides :thumbup: I'm really pleased that I didn't buy the more expensive Corbin.

saddle1.jpg

saddle2.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
can someone post up some pictures and the types of materials you had gotten.. i really like unseen's seat material, but have no idea which option it is.. little help please :)

Last edited:

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
cone someone post up some pictures and the types of materials you had gotten.. i really like unseen's seat material, but have no idea which option it is.. little help please :)

X2; if I order one that design looks fine. There's just too many choices for me to make! Plus I'm still a little hesitant about the ordering it from France thing. I've got nothing against France, just the whole distance, money conversion, sight unseen thing. And didn't ant_mb say he got an old seat pan?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the 'designs' on the left of the screen... they give you the combinations at the bottom of the pic that were used to make them. Then just copy them over. Right now the only one on sale is a crazy red one.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my order:

Summary of your order

[1]Type 1 deluxe seat
YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 600 [≥ 2003]
[Bargains - REF912]
Model Year : 2008
Colours and materials
Front of seat : SEL065
Front strip : SEL005
Seats : SEL065
Strips : SEL005
Edging : SEL087
Stitching and embroiderery
3 cm stitching line : Blue
Lettering style : Solid lettering
Colour of thread : White
Text : FZ6
Designs on seats
Designs : no
Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Shape : standard
Gel® : no
Seat heater : no
Base options
Choice : I buy a base

View attachment 16450 View attachment 16451

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up, I was looking at different seat options recently liked the Top Saddlery seats after hearing everyone rave about them, but they had raised their prices to over $500. Looks like they are having a sale until May 1st (at least for the US) which brings them down to a little over $300 shipped. Might be an alternative to the Corbin if anyone is on the fence.

YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 600 - Deluxe seats, petrol tank covers, tank bags [Rates for an order from : FRANCE]

There is a company called LICS ltd in the UK who Ive used before on other bikes.
They are very good and cheaper.Only prob is you have to send in your seat.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my order:

Summary of your order

[1]Type 1 deluxe seat
[Bargains - REF912]
Model Year : 2008
Colours and materials
Front of seat : SEL065
Seats : SEL065
Edging : SEL087
3 cm stitching line : Blue
Lettering style : Solid lettering
Colour of thread : White
Designs on seats
Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Base options
Choice : I buy a base

View attachment 16450 View attachment 16451

yes... excatly what i was looking for.. how do you like the seat material?? is it leather or is it like soft leather.. thanks alot man.. appriciate it..

anyone else that has this type of info, please post up pictures and info.. big help :)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my seat info. There is a pic of it in the thread.

1] Type 1 deluxe seat
[Bargains - REF1213]
Model Year : 2007
Colours and materials
Front of seat : SEL003
Seats : SEL003
Edging : SEL090
3 cm stitching line : Silver
Lettering style : Outline lettering
Colour of thread : Silver
Designs on seats
Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Base options
Choice : I buy a base € 198,00 1 € 198,00
Total order € 198,00
Shipping charges € 75,00
Price paid € 273,00

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes... excatly what i was looking for.. how do you like the seat material?? is it leather or is it like soft leather.. thanks alot man.. appriciate it..

anyone else that has this type of info, please post up pictures and info.. big help :)

They use a man-made material that is sort of like a brushed leather and it doesn't allow any sliding with my overpants. That is the seat area for both rider and pillion. It is very leather-like. I tested it for waterproof as well. Rode it to work late last week and it POURED in the afternoon. I expected to go out and ride home with a wet butt (the rain had stopped about an hour before I left work) but it was DRY! :steve:

I will say that this might be a problem for track days though because you want to move around the seat more easily than this will allow. So, those buying? I recommend you keep the stock seat for track. Besides, who'd want to mess up this really nice French Sofa that you paid all that money for!! :D :rockon: