Top case for Factory European Mount

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have just found a factory European top case mount. I like the look of these the best. However, I am not sure which cases will work with this mount set up. I have read that Givi will mount to it but will the Shad? Also, what size of case do most people use. I am thinking of a 35 litre case. Thanks in advance for the help.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are talking about the rack that bolts onto the grab handles then yes the givi do fit as i have one, but it has to be the givi monolock boxs and not the monokey, im not sure on the types of shad but any givi monolock will fit that rack as far as i understand, i have the 46 liter givi version which i think is perfect, 2 helmets or 1 helmet and other stuff stored in there

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
That is the mount system I am talking about. I will start looking for the monolock boxes. You have a picture of what that size of box looks like on your bike? Thanks for the info and help.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the European top case mount on my bike as well and I love it. The case is easy to remove when I'm just going out for a joyride.

This thread has more pictures, but it's an e470 case which is 47 liters. I have the "forty four" which I believe is also a Euro only thing, but the cases are similar:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/33131-installed-givi-e470-monolock-topcase.html

Be careful when cramming the case full. I've had a couple occasions where the lock failed to disengage and I had to remove the whole case and shake it around to free the locking lever inside. Fortunately I've never been carrying eggs back from the grocery store when this happened!

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the European top case mount on my bike as well and I love it. The case is easy to remove when I'm just going out for a joyride.

This thread has more pictures, but it's an e470 case which is 47 liters. I have the "forty four" which I believe is also a Euro only thing, but the cases are similar:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/33131-installed-givi-e470-monolock-topcase.html

Be careful when cramming the case full. I've had a couple occasions where the lock failed to disengage and I had to remove the whole case and shake it around to free the locking lever inside. Fortunately I've never been carrying eggs back from the grocery store when this happened!

everything that he said!

I got same box to, i thought mine was 46 but it must be 47 lol even better. I have same problem with lock if box is full, but it has never caused me and issue

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the same rack with the Yamaha (made by Givi) top case.
It's Ideal for me, and I think it looks pretty good.

You can see a couple of pics in this thread. I've got plenty of other pics around this forum but I'll have to take a look later.

I agree with beatle about the catch, it can easily get clogged (no pun intended) up with things like loose clothing, but no probs when you take care.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. So I got the rack and installed it. I must say it looks great and flows with the bike. I just got my Givi monolock today. Something did not seem right as I could not figure out how to latch the case to the mount. After a little searching I found out I am missing the hook and screw kit that only comes with the OEM top case. So, can anyone in the UK help me get this part. I can Paypal or whatever.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2