Too...many....mods....must....stop!

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after running bone stock since I bought my FZ6 in July. I've finally caught the mod bug. It started with a painted/chopped screen and grip puppies....I swore I would stop all mods until I got an exhaust.

Well good Uncle Sam sent my tax return and my Remus carbon fiber cans are on and they sound AMAZING! but I have a bit left over and bought a few things here and there but.....just keep finding more good stuff!

Mods Currently done/installed:
Chopped and painted stock FZ6 screen
Grip Puppies
Super White "eBay" bulbs
Tilted back stock handlebar
Homemade FE Kit
Flush mounted LED front turn signals
Remus Carbon Fiber exhaust

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Waiting to be installed/shipped...
LED integrated turnsignal tail light
ProGrip 719 Black Gelgrips
CBR 1100XX clipons
Masei Streetburner boots (Sidi streenburner knock-offs)

I'll add pics once I get a change to upload them from my camera!

Stay tuned for more pics, maybe some more robot!:BLAA:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after running bone stock since I bought my FZ6 in July. I've finally caught the mod bug. It started with a painted/chopped screen and grip puppies....I swore I would stop all mods until I got an exhaust.

Well good Uncle Sam sent my tax return and my Remus carbon fiber cans are on and they sound AMAZING! but I have a bit left over and bought a few things here and there but.....just keep finding more good stuff!

Mods Currently done/installed:
Chopped and painted stock FZ6 screen
Grip Puppies
Super White "" bulbs
Tilted back stock handlebar
Homemade FE Kit
Flush mounted LED front turn signals
Remus Carbon Fiber exhaust

Waiting to be installed/shipped...
LED integrated turnsignal tail light
ProGrip 719 Black Gelgrips
CBR 1100XX clipons
Masei Streetburner boots (Sidi streenburner knock-offs)

I'll add pics once I get a change to upload
them from my camera!
Stay tuned for more pics, maybe some more
robot!:BLAA:

Lol! That's a pretty decent list!!!

Keep going...in the end you will end up with "your" ultimate FZ6!

Looking forward to your pic's.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel you Malicious. I said I was gonna to wait until my bank accounts had recovered from the purchase of the bike. I was just going to do the Frame sliders, 15t sprocket, throttlemeisters, and the BD headlight mod since I had taken those off the old bike and then save. Somehow I have ended up with a TB exhaust+F/E Kit (Thanks Novak!) I have ordered HEL Brake lines front and back, am looking at new levers (I cannot decide on what colors I want), grip puppies, puig dark smoke windscreen, a comfort seat, either a PCIII or a juicebox, new boots, new gloves, bar risers or the FZ1 handlebar swap. There are so many things I want to do and the bank account hates me every time I get more ideas.

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel you Malicious. I said I was gonna to wait until my bank accounts had recovered from the purchase of the bike. I was just going to do the Frame sliders, 15t sprocket, throttlemeisters, and the BD headlight mod since I had taken those off the old bike and then save. Somehow I have ended up with a TB exhaust+F/E Kit (Thanks Novak!) I have ordered HEL Brake lines front and back, am looking at new levers (I cannot decide on what colors I want), grip puppies, puig dark smoke windscreen, a comfort seat, either a PCIII or a juicebox, new boots, new gloves, bar risers or the FZ1 handlebar swap. There are so many things I want to do and the bank account hates me every time I get more ideas.

I tried the FZ1 bars but unless you're constantly going to be riding in that more aggressive position, it can really put a tweak on your wrists when you sit back and try to ride upright.

PCIII USB (racing version) is something i picked up recently and haven't regretted it since. It definitely picks it up in the low end and instead of that sudden burst of power at about 6,000 RPMs you get that nice pull the whole way through. The only bad thing is that for me I went from 50 MPG to about 36 MPG lol

I didnt bother buying a comfort seat because I pulled the staples out of the bottom, pulled off the cover and shaved down the seat then replaced it with memory foam with a rebond base (the foam crap you lay down under carpet) I have a post with what I ended up with but its not extrememly detailed. Its easy to staple the cover back on with a heavy duty staple gun.

Frame sliders are a sensible choice seeing as they are the best for preserving the most parts if needed. Hopefully not lol.

WHERE CAN I GET GRIP PUPPIES!!!!

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the FZ1 bars but unless you're constantly going to be riding in that more aggressive position, it can really put a tweak on your wrists when you sit back and try to ride upright.

PCIII USB (racing version) is something i picked up recently and haven't regretted it since. It definitely picks it up in the low end and instead of that sudden burst of power at about 6,000 RPMs you get that nice pull the whole way through. The only bad thing is that for me I went from 50 MPG to about 36 MPG lol

I didnt bother buying a comfort seat because I pulled the staples out of the bottom, pulled off the cover and shaved down the seat then replaced it with memory foam with a rebond base (the foam crap you lay down under carpet) I have a post with what I ended up with but its not extrememly detailed. Its easy to staple the cover back on with a heavy duty staple gun.

Frame sliders are a sensible choice seeing as they are the best for preserving the most parts if needed. Hopefully not lol.

WHERE CAN I GET GRIP PUPPIES!!!!

GRIP PUPPIES ™ Small. (1 Pair) Pick First Class Mail for Free Shipping. - Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.

Just ordered another pair for my friend, they ship out quick and free shipping. IMO the best comfort option I've done!

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I read about this a while ago, its not what I wanted to do due to me using Highs on freeway. Socal freeways are littered with people who are less than ideal drivers and thats when they arent doing 3 things at once.
+1 on socal drivers being less than ideal. I would recommend doing BD's headlight mod this way you have both lights on in low and have your normal high beams. Or just never turn off the highbeams you might piss people off but at least they see you

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on socal drivers being less than ideal. I would recommend doing BD's headlight mod this way you have both lights on in low and have your normal high beams. Or just never turn off the highbeams you might piss people off but at least they see you

BD43 was what I had now that I remember but I ended up running out of juice after like a few times I neglected to turn off bike completely, i.e. going flat after leaving lights on with bike off for <10min.

Im looking to sell the cable for now...

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone have issues with D2Moto orders? I got some gloves from them a few weeks ago and they got here quickly. But when I ordered a tail light and grips, both in stock. They just sent me tracking info that wasn't valid. Turns out that they were holding my items until my progrips were in stock. Apparently they informed me that they were 2 months backorder.

It makes me wonder if they were going to ever attempt to contact me or just sit on my order for 2 months without any information being sent to me! I had to call 3 times to get any information about my order!

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Jim!!!! Howdy long time friend! Glad to see you're still riding.:rockon:

Yep! Since my sig list is in the order of installation, the younguns may notice that yours was the first mod that I made on my bike back when you were still playing around with the design. It's still doing great:thumbup:.