todays bike fatality on salisbury highway

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
I am so saddened to hear this. I am speechless. There are no words for what you are experiencing. Know that you are surrounded with love.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Absolutely horrible, many, many thoughts and prayers out to you and your family for your loss.

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through now.

I do wonder whether a decent guard rail, unlike those stupid wire rope motorcyclist killers, would have made a difference..... The numerous campaigns Australia wide seem to do nothing compared to saving a few bucks!

Hang in there mate.

he would of most likely been ok prob just broken bones and scrapes if it had been the armco railing as he hit it on an angle and would of bounce off of it, but with those wire safety fences it was one of the exposed posts that he hit and those things were spaced every 6ft or so.
50 metres back or in front no railing and he would most likely of survived with only minor injuries.

what makes it worse me and the mrs were discussing my gear a few days ago and talking about how the best gear in the world cant stop this sort of fatality, and i had reassured her how much more likely i was to get hit by a car crossing the road :(

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
:( Sorry for your loss!! Impressed by your ability to compose rational thought after loosing a child! I lost a good friend of mine and just kinda shut down for a few days. I cant even (don't want to) imagine loosing my daughter.

My heart hurts for you. :(

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
:( Sorry for your loss!! Impressed by your ability to compose rational thought after loosing a child! I lost a good friend of mine and just kinda shut down for a few days. I cant even (don't want to) imagine loosing my daughter.

my wife is presntly running on standby mode and we have a you daughter to care for so as much as id like to go crawl up in a corner somewhere i cant yet :(.

this forum has been very helpfull in letting me express my sadness and the the thoughts from everyone here gives me some comfort.

I just wanted to express how gratefull I am for everyones support

Andrew

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Exactly the words for what some of us feel for you Apollo. The first I heard of this my heart hurt. My wife saw me last night and asked what was the matter...
It hit's close to home. I have a son that rides....

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my wife is presntly running on standby mode and we have a you daughter to care for so as much as id like to go crawl up in a corner somewhere i cant yet :(.

this forum has been very helpfull in letting me express my sadness and the the thoughts from everyone here gives me some comfort.

I just wanted to express how gratefull I am for everyones support

Andrew

We are all like family in here mate & every single one of us would do anything to help , you know we are all here for you..

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry for your family's loss. Praying for you all.

I will be riding with my passenger pegs down for Joshua this weekend.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My deepest sympathies while you, your family and friends go through this very difficult time. Sounds like he was a fine young man.

Maybe later down the road, with the help of your forum friends, you can do something about getting those barriers replaced and gone for goods on all your highways. After seeing the picture of the scene, the first thought that came to my mind is the barrier is definately not motorcycle friendly. It's tough enough to survive impact from a vehicle or the ground, we shouldn't have to worry about a man made barrier that actually serves very little purpose. There are better designs out there.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
closest i've lost is a brother and that was pretty tough. now having kids... can't even imagine what you and your wife are going through. i'll be praying for you, your wife and your daughter.

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Unortunately I am a police officer, and have som egreat twisty roads in my patrol area. Needless to say I get called to fatal motorcycle crashes on a regular basis and hate it everytime. In most casses its the guard rail that causes the problems.

My deepest condolences. :(

alfagama

Reaction score
Visit site
Andrew, I can't even think how painful this loss has to be. I just want to say that here I am standing, physically far away, but right next to you in spirit and soul on these dark days. All my sympathy to you, your wife and daughter.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine what your going through :(
I think i speak for all of our forum members when i say our hearts go out to you and yours and if there is anything ANY of us can do to help in any way, don't hesitate to ask.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.