To PC3 or NOT PC3, THAT is the question...

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
I put Scorpions on mine along with a K&N and opened up the air box a bit more. I could tell it was running lean at higher RPM's, so I also installed PC3 (race model) and used the map posted for my combo. What a difference, it pulls strong throughout the entire RPM range.

lasermax

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I saw that map on their site, but there wasn't one for slip ons AND eliminating the cat, which will free up the exhaust even more. Since there's multiple maps to choose from AND I now have the one that the tech guy there sent me (which I haven't opened yet), I am going to mount the carbon Mivvs with the cat intact, and see how that sounds and works first with a downloaded map, then maybe gut the cat or put in a temporary open pipe in it's place and see how that sounds and works. I'm afraid that if I gut the cat first, it may end up to loud for my girl's taste, and she'll cut me off, heh heh. It IS her bike. We shall see. I plan on taking videos of the whole shebang. Hopefully I'll end up with a better quality video than a lot of the youtube ones I've seen. BTW, 89 octane is just fine. You'd have to really modify the motor a lot to warrant 92 or up. My ZZR has 13 to 1 pistons now, and I still get away with 89.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta love those 13:1's! One day, when I win the Lottery, I'd like to install the J&E 636cc kit. It's about 13.1:1 or so. :drool:

lasermax

Reaction score
Visit site
They have a 636 kit for this bike??? Oh my... Oh, by the way, the new 2009 V-max will be revealed tomorrow at 11am!!! I should post that... I'm a MAJOR V-max guy. Fun at any speed. I shoulda never sold it. But, so many bikes, so little time.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They have a 636 kit for this bike??? Oh my... Oh, by the way, the new 2009 V-max will be revealed tomorrow at 11am!!! I should post that... I'm a MAJOR V-max guy. Fun at any speed. I shoulda never sold it. But, so many bikes, so little time.

Its actually for the R6 but it should work fine!