To Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
Just started my basic riders course and passed the written exam with a 98%. Sunday I take my 10 hour ride course. Oh and most importantly I got five grand saved up for an FZ6...this is about to get interesting :)

-Matt :BLAA:

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
Dont worrie guys i went all out on the gear side spent over $600 on everything made sure it was good equipment too. Also im going to take things very slow to start and always very seriously. Wish me luck! -Matt

TheDrewFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck! Don't roll the throttle on 1st gear (on your future FZ6) too hard unless you have experience with unicycles. :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Solid work on taking the course and already having good gear. I hope that includes boots, jacket, helmet and gloves at minimum. A good pair of riding pants is a plus, but many of us ride in jeans.

The FZ6 is a great bike to grow on. Careful with how touchy the clutch can be and keep the revs down while you are learning. It's very controllable below 8k rpm and is a great bike for a beginner at that level, but once the engine spins up higher it really comes alive. Don't be tempted by this and take it slow, practice the MSF drills in a parking lot with your new bike. It could save your life!

Welcome to the forum dude and to the sport!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have reason to be excited. Congratulations. Please listen to all the great ideas here on this forum. RIDE SAFE AND ENJOY THE RIDE! ATGATT!

kreed0501

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Too Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, and +1 on all the gear advice! I am only slightly ahead of you, as I took my MSF course and bought my '08 FZ6 about 6 weeks ago! It has definitely been a blast and am now commuting the 60-mile roundtrip to work daily. It's definitely been a learning experience with a combination of 18-mile 70+ mph, 6-mile country road, and 12-miles of city driving. The goofy smile won't go away! I stalked this forum for 2 years before joining and the quality of people and advice is great for newbies like us!

Have fun and be careful!

Kevin

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Post up a message when you are ready to go for a ride, there's a couple of AZ fizzer riders on here!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
. It's very controllable below 8k rpm and is a great bike for a beginner at that level, but once the engine spins up higher it really comes alive. Don't be tempted by this and take it slow, practice the MSF drills in a parking lot with your new bike. It could save your life!

Welcome to the forum dude and to the sport!

I can personally vouch for this approach in my wreck I had the RPMs between 3-4 and the MSF course skills helped me from not flying off a cliff.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum! Take your time. Try to hook up with experienced riders. Don't let inexperienced riders (squids) try to make you ride faster than you're ready to. The FZ6 is an awesome bike and as others have said, it demands respect.

Gear up! Have fun! :)

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much guys i really appreciate all the advice and def cant wait to find the FZ for me!!! -Matt

jmckeown88

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is Excited and can I go? When do you leave?

$5k should get you a great fz6 and more! Just picked up a 2007 here that looks mint! Make sure and find a good PO to buy from with maintenance history.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
you're not ready to ride till you get 100% on the test. Take teh class again.

I hope this is a joke.

especially if you didnt read the book all the way through, anything over 93% is sufficient. i dont agree with some of the "correct" answers on the license test here in TN, most of which have to do with lane positioning. i think i missed 1 question on the test and it had something to do with the color of a road sign that i had never seen/heard of before:confused::confused:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
you're not ready to ride till you get 100% on the test. Take teh class again.
If you do the math on the above quote you only got about a 94% on correct spelling. So maybe somebody needs to take a spelling class before posting. Or it could have been a miss read, just as Matt might have miss read a question. This thread is not meant to flame or discourage anybody, so lets keep it that way. Instead I would like to give credit to Matt for taking the MSF course, and for having gotten the safety gear. Keep making smart choices and I look forward to seeing you around.
PS lets see pics of the bike when you get it