Tire Review: Continental Contimotion

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just put a set of Contimotions on my 08 Fz6. First impressions are very nice. So far they seem to be very smooth rolling tire, with very good turn in. For the price I am extremely impressed. I bought them from motorcycle-superstore.com, and they cost me about $170 for the set with free shipping.
I'll try to put up a couple of pics of them but wife has camera with her right now.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
My last set of tires were Shinko 009 Raven, I got about 16000 miles from the front but only 7000 from the rear. I didn't have a problem from the Shinkos I've ran them since the original rear worn out at about 4200 miles. But I got laided off and was able to get the conti's for less than a pair of Shinkos, so I figured I'd give them a try. If i can manage to get atleast 5000 miles from the rear I will most certainly buy again.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I got a set on my 6R and I love them! After my Bstone 021 were done at 10K miles it was time to change. I never been impress with the 021. Those Conti-Motion rock for the price. I have about 3500 miles on them so far and nothing bad to say at all. Tire give good feed back and fell very good. I ride them a bit high in pressure (got that from some review) F40 R42. No cupping! 3/8" chicken strip...

I will stick with those... Happy to see I'm not the only one riding those.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see your enjoying the conti-motions. To me they are a very good tire in this price range. Keep me updated on your mileage outta the rear. Alot of the roads up hear are pretty rough and makes it hard on tires.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed to hear about mileage out of these tires. Considering these for my next tire change. Have PR2 right now. the PR2 almost feels like too much tire for the kind of riding I do. Not embarassed to say 1.38" chicken strips on right and 1.21" on the left. I Just like easy riding and always stay within my ability. Not afraid to lean it over but hey I guess not leaning it over very far. LOL

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this as well. I love them. My buddy has them on his Triumph Sprint and has around 7K and still going. I hear that they are discontinuing them though :(

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed to hear about mileage out of these tires. Considering these for my next tire change. Have PR2 right now. the PR2 almost feels like too much tire for the kind of riding I do. Not embarassed to say 1.38" chicken strips on right and 1.21" on the left. I Just like easy riding and always stay within my ability. Not afraid to lean it over but hey I guess not leaning it over very far. LOL

They're great! Just a bit over 5000 miles and barely start showing a flat spot in the middle. Still handle good. No complain at all. I guess I'll be ordering a set to keep in stock...