Tire Gauge

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Can someone please recommend a good digital tire gauge for our bikes. I have just lost mine and the one I had was long and always had a problem getting it to read properly.

Thanks.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you said digital. Maybe it's because the old stem type guages are hard to read? Maybe you have another reason.

I like guages like this with big analog dials:

viair_2_tire_gauge.jpg

but that doesn't answer your question. i'm just curious as to why you want a digital one

gpd211

Reaction score
Visit site

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
webbikeworld did a whole write up on tire guages. Another thing that has made a world of difference for me is, next time you swap out a tire, have the shop (or you if you do your own tire changes) put on a metal angled stem. It makes checking them wayyyyy easier.

I will look for that write up.

Donnie869

Bass/BikeMaster
Reaction score
www.palmbaybassmasters.com
I don't have this one, but it looks loike it would fit under the seat nice enough, and for under $7.00 bucks why not?
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009KN9KY]Amazon.com: Campbell Hausfeld AU110000AV 99 PSI Key Chain Digital Tire Gauge: Home Improvement[/ame]

I own this one and I love it.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-AU1102-Professional-Digital/dp/B0002IKT74]Amazon.com: Campbell Hausfeld AU1102 99 PSI Professional Digital Tire Gauge: Home Improvement[/ame]

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm old fashioned but I'm with NotJD, I would like a small reliable non-digital gauge. Are any of the "pencil" type gauges worth having?

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you said digital. Maybe it's because the old stem type guages are hard to read? Maybe you have another reason.

I like guages like this with big analog dials:

viair_2_tire_gauge.jpg

but that doesn't answer your question. i'm just curious as to why you want a digital one

Well I want to make sure its exact. If is not digital, them I can never know if is exact. Just makes it a whole lot easier you know.

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought two at Radio Shack and had them tested for accuracy at a Dunlop tent while attending a Gold Wing rally. :thumbup: They were both very close (1psi off).