Time to show her naked

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
I've made some pictures of my naked conversion, what can I say, looks better in person!

Headlight I've bought on ebay, it's from a MT03, I was contemplating between buell xb12 and old round honda cb style headlamp but finally decided I want modern, semi-OEM look.

My father restores old cars, I can't claim any credit on the holder/regulator, paint job or instrument cluster cover, but it's all custom, made from metal and fiberglass, I know it took him a couple of days just to make the form to get the cover grooves right, but he's a man like that - no compromises!

Mirrors are some sort of italian unknown brand, fake carbon yes, but they're really heavy, hold their adjustments right and provide good view - I like them. I bought FZ8 clutch perch and drilled/tapped the other side with a reverse M10x1.25mm tap. I was looking to get the tap on ebay, found only Chinese salesmen selling for 38+ GBP (50 USD+?), funny thing - found one in a mom and pop hardware store for like 5 USD, a business idea right here...

Levers are the2wheels as you can probably tell, sliders are custom made by a local guy I can really vouch for, I dunno if he ships abroad and he doesn't have an english site (MotoSlaideriai.lt), but the items are top notch, he lists all the materials used (type of metal for the bolts, type of plastic etc), I think I've paid like 70 USD for a complete set - front/rear axles and center ones, I dunno if that's cheap or not comparing to chinese ones, but definitely much cheaper than brand ones.

Misc. mods include 15T front sprocket, power commander 3 usb, healtech speedo healer.

Other stuff I've done since buying was:

* valve check
* oil, new filters, new tires + reballanced.
* new spark plugs
* checked brake disc thickness and inspected the pads
* carb sync and idle adjust

Todo:

* Ordered one turn signal as original was shot, received one in different pattern from the others, do something about this, maybe swap to LEDs.
* Need a chrome cap on the left, above front sprocket.
* Rebuild brake calipers.
* Maybe devil cans?
* Figure out what causes 29mpg :D

20130601_194115.jpg

20130601_194121.jpg

20130601_194129.jpg

20130601_194134.jpg

20130601_194142.jpg

20130601_194151.jpg

20130601_194158.jpg

20130601_194204.jpg

20130601_194217.jpg

Bonus shot (this is how I bought her)

bonus.jpg

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good there! Been contemplating getting the MT03 headlight myself, where did you get the clamps for the headlight, they dont seem to be the standard ones?

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
No idea, I'll ask my father and inspect them in day light, maybe do some close up shots if you want. I'll update this post when I find out and PM you.

Looking good there! Been contemplating getting the MT03 headlight myself, where did you get the clamps for the headlight, they dont seem to be the standard ones?

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
The mounts are custom bent with plastic wrap inside to protect the forks, a nut is welded in at the end for the mounting bolts.

20130609_205615.jpg

20130609_205708.jpg

On an unrelated note I managed to lose a side stand bolt (noticed when trying to park it at home), I went through every exposed bolt I could see on the bike and re-tightened everything, nothing was lose. I'll buy the stand bolt tomorrow and apply some loctite style grease to it.

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Where did you get that windscreen?

Edit: Re-read the post it was custom made. Even more cool!

Last edited: