Tidying up the back end

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Has anyone fitted after market pipes and a tail tidy to their bike? If so, what do you do about the piece of shaped plastic that extends down between the pipes - Leave in place or cut off? Also, what have you used for mounting the tail tidy, as the bolt holes go with the stock exhaust?

So far I've fitted after market pipes, shortened the mudflap and raised the number plate up, to clean up the back end of my bike. I am considering an integrated LED light assembly so I can get rid of the indicators on stalks, which would mean just hanging the rear number plate off a tail tidy.

Cheers, Phil (first post) :)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate, I installed Leo Vince pipes on mine and they are designed to fit with the plastic in place. Also fitted a nice evotech tail tidy to finish it off.

watermark.php

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that would be an advantage. I suppose I could get the original bolt hole plate welded onto my exhausts.... but I don't think so. This weekend and a meccano kit should see me right! I'll try and post pics of the result. Phil

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a wet Saturday afternoon, mug of PG in hand, tinkering with the bike - the time flew by!! I don't know how much time, but could probably make the brackets in an hour, now that I've done it once. Still not seen a proper manufactured bracket that extends down between custom pipes yet...

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a wet Saturday afternoon, mug of PG in hand, tinkering with the bike - the time flew by!! I don't know how much time, but could probably make the brackets in an hour, now that I've done it once. Still not seen a proper manufactured bracket that extends down between custom pipes yet...

Looks great ... nice cans ... please excuse the pun ;)

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot remember the brand name of the eliminator kit i got but i modified it and it turned out really cool. I took the eliminator mount - what the licence plate bolts to- flipped it upside down and mounted it as close to the front of the "mudflap" as i could without having and clearence issues. in my opinion it really cleans up the back of the bike and the plate is still perfectly visible from behind. i'll try and get some pics up this week.:D