Throttle Meister Cruise Control

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
I am just wondering if anyone here is using this device? It looks pretty interesting to me!

Thanks, Ron

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed a Throttle Meister about two years ago. It works as advertised, but i find I use it a lot less than I thought I would. The only time I find it convenient is while on light traffic highways. If traffic is heavy, or the road twisty, than I feel more comfortable without employing it.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one and it's great. On any kind of long ride it's really handy to rest your throttle hand. That is of course if you do use the throttle! :spank: LOL. Personally it was a great investment. Very simple to install. Just do it. :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed a Throttle Meister about two years ago. It works as advertised, but i find I use it a lot less than I thought I would. The only time I find it convenient is while on light traffic highways. If traffic is heavy, or the road twisty, than I feel more comfortable without employing it.

Same here, but I plan on touring more when I retire and am glad I bought it. :thumbup:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have this and like some I too find little use for it other than "taming" a little of that handlebar buzz :rolleyes:
Great on long roads with little traffic, but there's cheaper alternatives like the crampbuster or vista cruise universal cruise control.
I've read some reviews here about the vista cruise and that seems like a good alternative.

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep forgetting it's there, I do like it when I remember. Bought the cramp buster and could never get comfortable using it. Tried it (cramp buster) on the FJR AE and it was downright dangerous being that it's kind of a automatic transmission with no clutch, and I would bump it at times at a stop sign almost pushing me out into traffic.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same TM on both my old ZRX 1100 and FJR 1300. Works good as designed but you do have to spin it to activate it. It is available as a heavier bar end as well to help dampen vibrations.

Besides the TM, I also used a Cramp Buster style farkle at the same time (on a long road trip) which also helps.

The cats meow, if $'s not a problem, about $200 for an FZ, (short of a true cruise control) is a BreakAway throttle lock: BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control - Application Guide 6CB03

It locks simply with a lever with your thumb. It releases not only with with pushing an adjacent lever but ALSO has an "arm" that adjusts to your front brake lever... Adjusted correctly, just tap the front brake and the BrakeAway dissconnects automatically. You get really spoiled with this part of the set up...

I've set up several on different bikes, with fine tuning, count on spending a good hour for the install. Works really, really nice, IMHO, great investment if your going to do any touring to speak of..

Extremely well machined as well as designed.....

Last edited:

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,,, WHat you want is what I have. It is 19.99 and works great for its purpose. It is a simple little piece that goes on the inner throttle grip with a piece of supplied teflon. The end of this plastic piece rests on the brake lever to keep its position. Its very easy to set and overide when you need to slow down. I can't think of the name of it to save my life right now. But it is only 19.99 an works great on highway. Ill keep trying to find the name.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,,, WHat you want is what I have. It is 19.99 and works great for its purpose. It is a simple little piece that goes on the inner throttle grip with a piece of supplied teflon. The end of this plastic piece rests on the brake lever to keep its position. Its very easy to set and overide when you need to slow down. I can't think of the name of it to save my life right now. But it is only 19.99 an works great on highway. Ill keep trying to find the name.

Do you still have the stock grips? Seems any grip other than the factory grip folks (gel, etc) get some slippage..

2Wheel Ride GC-1 Go Cruise Black 7/8" Motorcycle Throttle Assist??

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/2Wheel-Ride-GC-1-Motorcycle-Throttle/dp/B0055QOKC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344610513&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+throttle+lock]Amazon.com: 2Wheel Ride GC-1 Go Cruise Black 7/8" Motorcycle Throttle Assist: Automotive[/ame]

Last edited: