Thoughts on TB db killa's

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i live in a townhouse development. and i love my 2 bros.. but when i leave for work at 520 am, im sure my neighbors do not feel the same feeling as i do. i dont mind driving it as much as i do letting it idle while it warms up, usually i start it and take off right away, then let it idle for a min or so at the traffic light 1/4 mile up, i know this isnt too good for it, so im wondering what the db killers would do for me... im really worried about losing that sound i lvoe... but i do need to do someting to bring it down a notch or two... any thoughts.. :thumbup:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
one thing you can do is get the DB killers and install them see how they sound . pull them out drill a hole or two reinstall them and see what they sound like with the change . If needed repete untill you feel its the right volume

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Get the db kilers, they will help. I like mine.
Fuel injected motors only need to run10- 20 seconds before you ride it, just ride easy for the first couple miles and your good to go.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
DB-killers don't change the actual sound on most cans, they just reduce it. My Scorpions have exactly the same note with the DB Killers in, it's just quieter, more polite and less damaging to my ears!!!

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
You can also save quite a bit of money by making your own baffles.

It just take a small sheet of thin aluminum. I can't remember off the top of my head what size I settled on for the holes, maybe 1.25"? Outline a few circles to match the size of the recessed area, ~2". Then drill your holes in the center, and cut out with a Dremel. I tried 7/8" which was close to the hole sizes of the OEM muffler, but that was too quiet for me, so I went up to a larger hole. I then sprayed them black with some BBQ paint and put a bead of silicone around the edges so they can't rattle.

I would now describe my TwoBros as comfortably loud.