Thoughts on FZ6r?

Prince Valium

Reaction score
Visit site
This has probably been brought up before, but just wanted to throw it out there. I am a proud owner of an 09 FZ6. After they discontinued this model and replaced it with the R, I lost a lot of respect for Yamaha. I understand making room for the FZ8 and 9, which makes sense. But then why downgrade the FZ6 with the R model? Is it about cutting their bottom line and appealing to the masses? That thing looks down right cheap, from the swing arm to the exhaust pipe, head light, tubular frame, smaller tire, etc. I was in a showroom just last week and the salesman admitted that the R sucked. They didnt even have one, in stock. They took an awesome bike and ruined it.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oink. Wait for the FZ9. Appears to be a very nice bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6R did not replace the FZ6. It was designed to be a cheap beginner bike with less HP and smooth power delivery. Specs look bad but having ridden one, they're good bikes.

The FZ8 replaced the FZ6 with 800cc being the new "middleweight". Now Yamaha tries again with the FZ9..

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Yamaha is in the business of making money. The S had a good run but was not selling in big numbers any more. New buyers were buying Ninja and Versys 650s or SV 650. These bikes are fun, fast easy to drive and look good. Plus the bike reviews were picking them over the FZ6 for all around street rides. More experienced riders were buying the R6 and older riders buy FZ1's.

I think things will change once the FZ 09 and it's future competitors hit the showroom.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Less power more weight, and archaic design. The 6r didn't replace the the S series, the 8 did. Still not sold on a triple yet with the 9. All great things must come to an end, but ponder this. How many fz6s have you met. There may be a great following where you live, but around here I know A guy that has one. I can count on my right hand how many I have seen going down the road even when I lived in El Paso, I only saw one. It's one of the reasons I love this bike! Do you know how many people are like WTF is that?? I had a guy ask if it was a Ducati once (after I de badged it.)

I can't agree with experienced riders going with the r6 because even newbs start on higher end bikes. I've even squashed a few on the fz. I can't count how many people I've seen on an FZ1 because that list is zero! I was trying to get a new R1 a couple of weeks ago and asked the dealer if they where getting the fz1 they said 1. But had 3 fz6rs.

Damn Yamaha dealership has more new gsxrs, and ninjas than yamahas.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
This has probably been brought up before, but just wanted to throw it out there. I am a proud owner of an 09 FZ6. After they discontinued this model and replaced it with the R, I lost a lot of respect for Yamaha. I understand making room for the FZ8 and 9, which makes sense. But then why downgrade the FZ6 with the R model? Is it about cutting their bottom line and appealing to the masses? That thing looks down right cheap, from the swing arm to the exhaust pipe, head light, tubular frame, smaller tire, etc. I was in a showroom just last week and the salesman admitted that the R sucked. They didnt even have one, in stock. They took an awesome bike and ruined it.

TOTAL AGREEMENT! Your last line says it all my friend!!!!!!