Thoughts On Forks...

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I was thinking of doing the R6s fork swap, and had an idea, and wondered if anyone else had tried this. Can you take the internals of the R6s forks and put them in the FZ6 forks? The reason that I bring it up, is I can get a slightly bent set of R6s forks for $75 bucks, and then the rest would be just labor doing the change over..Any thoughts guys?

Sean

If you can get the slightly bent forks that cheap, why not replace the bent legs, or get them straightened? A good suspension shop can easily do that service.....

The internals would have to go with the legs of an R6S fork because at the bottom of the leg is the adjuster for the compression damping. (R6S leg on the left, FZ6 leg on the right)

View attachment 27307

I'm not sure if you can swap the fork tubes as they may not be the same lengths.

Last edited:
Thats right I forgot about the comp. adj..darn. I guess I could measure the fork tubes on the FZ6 and the R6s forks and see if there interchangeable at all.. hum

Sean

i don't believe they are the same length.. im sure there is a way to do it, but it would probably be cheaper to find a good set on ebay...

Back