This is just awesome

I didn't know the Atom was powered by two Hayabusa engines... :confused:

I also didn't know there were still five unclaimed Veyrons! Where's my credit card? :cheer:

I didn't know the Atom was powered by two Hayabusa engines... :confused:

I also didn't know there were still five unclaimed Veyrons! Where's my credit card? :cheer:

I've seen Atoms up on Palomar Mountain,Ca and they were Honda powered so I think there are different builds.... This one was a V8 with Busa heads.

I have to really respect the s1000r rider. It's a very unfair advantage when it's two wheels against four. I've heard of 200 plus HP at the back wheel of the s1000r and know 3 people who love their s1000r's

They must have changed up that Atom cause the episode I saw it had a supercharged 300hp civic type r motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my friends has a S1000RR, he thought it would win, and it very nearly did. :eek:

If capn slow had driven it would have ;) mind you if capn slow had driven a bicycle would have beaten it :mikebike:

They must have changed up that Atom cause the episode I saw it had a supercharged 300hp civic type r motor.

yeah they had previously tested the standard atom and it didn't do that well, this was a special version with a price tag to match, the older version was under the 40 000 pounds.

Its great that (the new) top gear is back on the box :cheer:

5 unclaimed Ariel Atoms

That's wicked though. I love it. They finally give bikes a fair chance and it kicks the piss out of the cars! lol

p.s.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqjgjRsjQhw"]YouTube - Top Gear - Ariel Atom V8[/ame]

Last edited:
5 unclaimed Ariel Atoms
Hmm, after your comment I had to re-read the article:

The performance of the car is more than a match for the Bugatti Veyron, with 0-60mph in 2.3s and 0-100mph in 5.4s – one of the world’s fastest-accelerating cars. It costs £146,000 and the British firm is only making 25 – all but five of which have already been sold. Top speed is more than 170mph.
Still not sure... :confused:

Hmm, after your comment I had to re-read the article:

Still not sure... :confused:

the paragraph is talking about the Atom, but comparing it in quick passing to the Veyron.

"It costs £146,000 and the British firm is only making 25 – all but five of which have already been sold."

Bugatti is german. Ariel is British.

All but 5 of the Atoms have been sold.

Now im desperate to see that episode of TG here in Oz.

Thats staggering just how quick both vehicles are, but im more impressed by the Bimmers time :rockon:

Bang for your buck, nothing compares to two wheels :thumbup:

Watched that episode today. God, I love that show! It's too bad Clarkson hates bikes so much, but the May and Hammond both enjoy them, at least.

Watched that episode today. God, I love that show! It's too bad Clarkson hates bikes so much, but the May and Hammond both enjoy them, at least.

What are you talking about? Clarkson loves bikes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDXcotDqDs]YouTube - Car vs Motorcycle (Race)[/ame]

it's worth noting thatthe laptime for the ariel was performed separately from the race, they didn't say how long the race took. You'd expect it to be a bit slower since race lines were affected, and they would have had to avoid eachother.

I think it mentions as well that the bike was struggling with grip, as the track was so bumpy that the suspension kept bottoming out

Back