This hose?

PB4UGO

Reaction score
Visit site
It's an overflow hose I think it's for the fuel tank. It looks like it's right where it's supposed to be.

Reaction score
Visit site
You have just that one hose there? I have two (or is it three?) of them, and there is a small bracket to hold them in place (away from mid-pipe).
Each time the tank is raised, the hoses are pulled up. You should check to see if the other(s) are not fully extended downward.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I just noticed this hose not secured. Can anyone tell me what this is? Is this supposed to be loose? Thanks. View attachment 48075

There are I believe 2 unsecured hoses under the bike. One is the fuel tank overflow (in case of over filling) and a breather hose (to let air in as fuel is pumped out).

The angled cut tells me it is one of those. Just make sure that you don't pinch them off. This happens mostly when the tank is swung up to service the batery or anything under the tank.

No worries.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another point: if you open the filler cap after a rain storm, water has the potential to enter the tank if the drain hose under the tank is kinked or blocked.

Because the OPs hose is out so far, its not a candidate for kinks. However, the hose that can't be seen is up for debate!

Much like this one is not in the pic!
picture.php

Last edited: