This bolt was loose on my bike

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to take off my wheel to bring it in for new tires and found this bolt was rattling around it was so loose. I put a socket in it and it came out with no tension at all. Just letting you all know, might wanna do a check next time.

P.S. - I have never messed with it before, so I am assuming it wasn't torqued correctly from the get-go.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think wrightme (sp? did a post on that and also warned folks to check their bikes

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Argh, nice find. That's the pinch bolt which is a safety thing to help prevent the front axle from coming out.
Has the front tire ever been changed, by dealer or tire shop?? If so, they didn't do their job properly. If it's still the original tire, then the assembler at the dealer stuffed up.

:rockon:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I had loose nuts and bolts all over my bike. Every time I do an oil change I grab some common size metric sockets, wrenches, and allens from the tool box and then do a quick one over on accessible nuts and bolts to make sure nothing has come loose.

Thanks for the reminder!

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
I lost two of the bolts that hold the fender on under the exhaust within one month of riding. 15MM M6 I believe.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The torque setting for this pinch bolt, is 19Nm according to the 07 Assembly manual.....bit of locktite before tightening wouldnt hurt either.

:thumbup:

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
You always check every bolt when you change the oil. They go through alot of vibrations and you depend to much on everything on a bike to much not check them.