This bike is fast!

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
It is! Like a 'lil rocket, I say. :Sport:

So here is the thing. I got my bike around 18 months and 13,000 miles ago and never did anything but tires and a brake bleed, oil and coolant and new battery. Being a seven year old S2 model in the fastest red, who knows what had been done to it prior, if anything? So I take it in for a service which afterward my mechanic said it "needed real bad."

And all I can say is....WOW! Now below its power band it is smoother and is peppier off the line. But above 8K? It is transformed! It was always fast and responsive but i cannot explain it, really. This bike just rips it up. I did not think it could get any better, any faster, have better roll on power just from a tune-up service. But it is faster, smoother, and more exciting is ever!

I am so happy!!

So for new owners who are wondering.....service your bike if you do not know its history. Hopefully, you will be as amazed as I am. And, is this bike fast for those wondering who don't have an FZ6 yet? Hell yeah, I say!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is! Like a 'lil rocket, I say. :Sport:

So here is the thing. I got my bike around 18 months and 13,000 miles ago and never did anything but tires and a brake bleed, oil and coolant and new battery. Being a seven year old S2 model in the fastest red, who knows what had been done to it prior, if anything? So I take it in for a service which afterward my mechanic said it "needed real bad."

And all I can say is....WOW! Now below its power band it is smoother and is peppier off the line. But above 8K? It is transformed! It was always fast and responsive but i cannot explain it, really. This bike just rips it up. I did not think it could get any better, any faster, have better roll on power just from a tune-up service. But it is faster, smoother, and more exciting is ever!

I am so happy!!

So for new owners who are wondering.....service your bike if you do not know its history. Hopefully, you will be as amazed as I am. And, is this bike fast for those wondering who don't have an FZ6 yet? Hell yeah, I say!

What did the mechanic do for the service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What did the mechanic do for the service?

+1 ^^^. What was way off?

But yes, if running properly, the bike will scream above 8k. 2nd, about 90MPH.

I've drag raced a (over a bridge (no traffic, no side streets, etc) a "Lingerfelter" supercharged corvette (easily a $200,000 car, 700 plus HP) and we were dead even, into the 130's...

Point, the bike will scoot if maintained....

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a small vacation trip to India, 3 weeks and I missed riding my bike just after 4 days into the vacation.

The one I used there is Hero Honda Glamor, 125cc bike, so lightweight, very thin tires and my legs wrap around the half of the tank.

Came back to the USA and got onto my bike, it is big, heavy, and especially big.
Then fired her up, after a month's time, on battery charger, fired up immediately (just 3 weeks anyway).
Started riding and it is completely a different feel, bike is pretty smooth and silent, 2008, 10500 miles.
No wonder I missed my bike so much. The power is awesome, and the same time, the roads are good too.

Taking my bike for servicing, this Monday.
Coolant change, front tire, oil and filter change, some other miscellaneous stuff.
Please share what your mechanic did and I'll check that area too.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 ^^^. What was way off?

But yes, if running properly, the bike will scream above 8k. 2nd, about 90MPH.

I've drag raced a (over a bridge (no traffic, no side streets, etc) a "Lingerfelter" supercharged corvette (easily a $200,000 car, 700 plus HP) and we were dead even, into the 130's...

Point, the bike will scoot if maintained....

^^
Yep, our little bike will take on some $$$$$ cages and not loose ground. I've taken on the Lingerfelter CTSV w 750hp and she stands her ground... SL550 w/mods to 650hp and we shine...

CTSV Audio...

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
^^
Yep, our little bike will take on some $$$$$ cages and not loose ground. I've taken on the Lingerfelter CTSV w 750hp and she stands her ground... SL550 w/mods to 650hp and we shine...

CTSV Audio...

Unfortunately, I couldn't keep up after 105 mph, with a Chrysler 200, 2015 model, in a trafficy and windy interstate, since I'm weaving and he was in a straight line. :(
But, hell yeah! We can beat the cages on a straight line..!

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've had fun baiting a few posers in their various Porsche Turbos, even a GT3 or two. No contest.

I have a McLaren dealer in the area, I'm on the prowl

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As conditions permit(traffic, location etc), I look forward to catching a red light, first in line and have a sports car pull up.... The Lingingfelter was the only one so far, that I couldn't take. But, it was fun!!!

But absolutely, a good running FZ6, especially with pipes, is very, very lively...

A customers bike I just worked on wanted desperately to buy my bike last week...
It's NOT for sale, its by far, my favorite bike

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
The best I can lay claim to is an audi A6 coupé. I hung with him up to 120, then took him. At the next village I let him through as I much prefer playing those games when I'm in control of the distance between the players.

Other than that it's young lads in hot hatches or suits in "middle management" BMWs or Audis. Its boring now so I don't bother anymore unless it's something decent.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
It's interesting the different perspectives everyone has. I've often found myself wide open at 12,000 rpm in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear thinking about how slow my bike is!

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
It's interesting the different perspectives everyone has. I've often found myself wide open at 12,000 rpm in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear thinking about how slow my bike is!

Compared to a purebred super... Yeah. The Gixxers I've ridden were like a whole other beast, and the power just kept coming and coming.

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my bike too, and its fast, but racing other cagers out there...that's nuts.I have no the "need for speed" but I do enjoy all the tales of my stouthearted brother, Ride on, but be safe!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

This is against my friends ZX6R, it's a 2012, so not the 636. He's left and I'm right.

If you look at the 60' and 330' times I actually out launched him, but by time we get through the 1/4 look at the MPH difference!! He absolutely killed me to the tune of 12.1 MPH!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With "some mods" she'll be under 11! I need to prove it tho! I'll shutup now!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
theres a difference between being out pulled and being out stupided by a cage.

That being said it does not take that much money to make a cage STUPID fast. I have built quite a few that will spank a liter bike. :D

I got TROLLED my a M3 and a blown TA with a chute on the highway,
and if you happen to reach 5th at redline and you grab 6th, the fz6 will not pull any more, it just has no more power to give, open tracks are fun :D

Last edited:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
Taking my bike for servicing, this Monday.
Coolant change, front tire, oil and filter change, some other miscellaneous stuff.
Please share what your mechanic did and I'll check that area too.
Well I cannot say exactly as I got the intermeddiate service sans a valve adjustment. So far as I know it was spark plugs, throttle body sync, air filter, oil, coolant, brake bleed, fork oil, etc. But of the performace things he mentioned the fuel system and said they "went through" the entire system. Three hours after he started he saidbit needed service really bad. Apparently he was right. He said for a bike like ours often operated above 7000rpm it should be serviced accordingly every 6,000 miles. Although I may let it go to 8,000 miles my guy is very reasonable in pricecso you never know. I simply plan on taking it in regularly. I love my bike!

MSH

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I cannot say exactly as I got the intermeddiate service sans a valve adjustment. So far as I know it was spark plugs, throttle body sync, air filter, oil, coolant, brake bleed, fork oil, etc. But of the performace things he mentioned the fuel system and said they "went through" the entire system. Three hours after he started he saidbit needed service really bad. Apparently he was right. He said for a bike like ours often operated above 7000rpm it should be serviced accordingly every 6,000 miles. Although I may let it go to 8,000 miles my guy is very reasonable in pricecso you never know. I simply plan on taking it in regularly. I love my bike!

How much is a service like this? Just got my 08 FZ6 with 10k on the odo... I checked the fluids but I am not sure if any of those things have been done.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys do realize the service manual for the FZ6 says to perform the service every 4,000 miles right? There's different things your supposed to do at every service, it's best to read it and follow it.