Thinking of trading my bike..

jdmdohcpower

Reaction score
Visit site
So I love my bike but Im looking for a bit more power and sport look. I have an flawless 07 blue fz6 with 2500 on it and Im think of trading it for a blue 06 CBR F4I with 2800 on it. It would be my bike + 1700. What do you guys think?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you asking how good the deal is or the decision to trade?

Deal seems OK.. maybe a bit too much money.

Is F4 that much more powerful? Definitely more top end, but I bet it's about the same as FZ up to 6-7k rpm.

jdmdohcpower

Reaction score
Visit site
The decision on the new bike. I have yet to ride it but I was told its got some more balls up top. I sat on the RR and the ride position is no good for my bad neck, the f4i is almost the same as the fz6

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you asking how good the deal is or the decision to trade?

Deal seems OK.. maybe a bit too much money.

Is F4 that much more powerful? Definitely more top end, but I bet it's about the same as FZ up to 6-7k rpm.

Nope, a friend of me has one. At the lights I always was first. ;)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, a friend of me has one. At the lights I always was first. ;)

Oh my bad! I was thinking of 600rr! THAT one should have more top end/horse power than FZ6. 600cc supersports put out about 125hp, don't they?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The decision on the new bike. I have yet to ride it but I was told its got some more balls up top. I sat on the RR and the ride position is no good for my bad neck, the f4i is almost the same as the fz6

Who cares... you can't use that much power on the street anyway... either you'll lose your licence or worse, kill youself... The FZ6 is fast enough... You said it yourself, you have a bad neck... Keep the FZ6, it's a better bike anyway... Silly rabbit, sport bikes are for kids...:D

jdmdohcpower

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the fz6 but im board. I thought I would be using it for traveling and what not but thats not the case. It seems the only time I get to ride is when Im by myself hitting the back roads so a sport bike is the way I should go.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my bad! I was thinking of 600rr! THAT one should have more top end/horse power than FZ6. 600cc supersports put out about 125hp, don't they?

Nope only about 100ish to the wheels. The "11 GSXR 750 puts 125 to the wheels, 25 more than the 600. Even tho they may have similar HP #'s to the fz6, the power comes on in a totally different way so the bikes won't feel the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the fz6 but im board. I thought I would be using it for traveling and what not but thats not the case. It seems the only time I get to ride is when Im by myself hitting the back roads so a sport bike is the way I should go.

If that's how you ride it then a more sporty bike may be for you. The FZ6 does everything ok but nothing ideally.

I would love to one day have a FJR1300 for touring and an R6 for the mountains. The older I get the more I realize how much touring on the FZ6 stinks compared to cruisers and sport touring bikes.

Before you pull this trigger you should check out the Suzuki SV1000S...it's a V-twin sport bike with a lot more power and torque than the FZ6 and you can actually feel that power at legal speeds because it's mid-range power! If you want a bike that feels faster than any 600cc up to 100 mph and is sporty enough to carve some mountain roads at an FZ6 like price...SV1000S! My riding buddy has a 2007 and we have switched bikes a few times...I LOVE the power of this bike around town...it's much more fun but my FZ6 is more comfortable.

2265077059_13924d550f.jpg

jdmdohcpower

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts but I weight 160 so a 1000 is bigger than I want to go. The F4I is differrent then the RR and is more mid range power and ergo's like the fz6 so I think its a good choice. Im ridding it tomorrow so I'll post my thoughts.
Anyway I just got back from a ride and Im not sure if I can part with the fz6. LOL!

jdmdohcpower

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a motocross background so the fz6 is great bike and I may end up keeping it but I wanted to see with the next step up in performance is all about. I rode the 06 cbr f4i today... Amazing bike. First of all the ergos on the f4i are not much less in comfort than the fz6. Yes, itwas a little more leaned but no where near an r6 or cbr600rr. The ride is very tame and smooth until you twist it and the cbr comes out of it. Deff faster but not crazed ready to rip throttle. It rode like the fz6 just a bit more agressive and a bit less touring, but yet still can be considered a sport touring bike based on comfort. The cbr sure sounds a hell of a lot better, both with stock exhausts. Both are really nice bikes and Im not sure which way I will go. The fz6 is a bit more comfortable but the cbr is a bit more fun. Not by much in either direction.

Last edited:

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a motocross background so the fz6 is great bike and I may end up keeping it but I wanted to see with the next step up in performance is all about. I rode the 06 cbr f4i today... Amazing bike. First of all the ergos on the f4i are not much less in comfort than the fz6. Yes, itwas a little more leaned but no where near an r6 or cbr600rr. The ride is very tame and smooth until you twist it and the cbr comes out of it. Deff faster but not crazed ready to rip throttle. It rode like the fz6 just a bit more agressive and a bit less touring, but yet still can be considered a sport touring bike based on comfort. The cbr sure sounds a hell of a lot better, both with stock exhausts. Both are really nice bikes and Im not sure which way I will go. The fz6 is a bit more comfortable but the cbr is a bit more fun. Not by much in either direction.

do a track day now and again ? the sv1000 was a very good recommend. nice grunt, without needing the speed.

f4I is a great bike, but I wouldn't trade a similar age/condition fz AND loose 2grand for it.isn't the f4I considered a higher insurance bracket also ?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site

Why are you looking for more power on the back roads? I would think you'd be more concerned with handling. The F4i is a fine bike, but I don't think I would be willing to PAY to trade my FZ6 for one. It offers a very small increase in peak hp. Personally, I think the lower MPG alone would outweigh the minimal gain in power. And if you're bored with the FZ6, I think you'll be bored with the F4i. I suspect that probably has more to do with the type of riding you're doing than the bike you're on.

What is it about riding that excites you? And what is it about your FZ6 that you find boring?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about an R6S? More motor, much better suspension, not a radical riding position, and most importantly its a Yamaha and not a Honda.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, if i was going to trade my bike in for a loss, i'd either be jumping to a bigger bike (SV1000s or a fz1 probably) or to a different style (SS, S/T, etc).

Sounds kind of like me trading my Versys in for a V-strom... which i'd not likely do even if i got paid cash to trade it in lol... Kawi and Yamaha for life!

If i were to trade my bike in for something similar at a loss, it would have to be a helluva lot nicer ride with extras IMO.

Let us know what you do though!

Mortech

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried out a 09 FZ6 and a '10 FZ1 , the FZ1 actually sat lower than the FZ6 and was just as comfortable . Maybe you should looking into a newer FZ1 , I know I am now .