Thinking about getting this bellypan

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
$94 + $50 shipping.

YAMAHA FZ6 BELLY PAN FZ6 / LOWER COWL 04, 05, 06,07,08 - (item 230597617453 end time Mar-23-11 02:23:43 PDT)

Obviously I am assuming that it is lower quality than a TCP piece, and it comes unpainted, but considering that it just sits beneath the headers is that really an issue? It looks sexy in the picture and I am assuming it is built to withstand the head from the exhaust... aside from that, what could the negative side to buying a cheaper one be? I'm really interested in getting it but the 3 week ship time is turning me off a bit. Any opinions? Anyone ever gotten one like this? OR, even better, can anybody recommend an alternative in the same price range? I finally was able to order my TCP Seat Cowl and I *really* want a bellypan to finish the look of a bike, the Fz6 is the sexiest bike in the world with those two pieces.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Hrm...I bought an iPad when they got reduced to $399 to mess around with since Walmart lets you return for a full refund in 14 days, it might be time to bring that sucker back and get this. I have the silver bike and I was going to go the lazy route of painting this black, but I'm not sure how good that would look with the silver tank and silver seat cowl.

How hard is it to factory paint something like this? I know there's that website where you can get factory-matched paint in a spray can, does that work well? If I spray painted this with a factory can would it match and have a similar finish?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
That's Geoff's bike here on the forum in the eBay listing. Maybe PM him and see what he thinks about it (although I think he was pretty pleased with it).

And Extremity, google Colorite. I believe you can get factory colors from them, even in spray cans (don't quote me on that, but I think so).

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
That's Geoff's bike here on the forum in the listing. Maybe PM him and see what he thinks about it (although I think he was pretty pleased with it).

And Extremity, google Colorite. I believe you can get factory colors from them, even in spray cans (don't quote me on that, but I think so).

Yeah, Colorite, that's actually exactly what I was talking about. They do have it in spray cans, I was just asking if anybody had actually used them. I mean, factory paint is quality stuff, and while I'm sure the color would match I am concerned about chipping, the finish (glossy or matte), etc. Even if the color matches it could still clash with the rest of the bike, which is why I was considering black.