Things to do before dyno tune?

finnishboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I'm going to take my bike to dyno very soon. I've been wondering that do I have to remove some kind of emission systems like EGR?

I have installed R6 cams, leovince and PC5

Thanks and sorry for my bad English :D

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Can you give details about R6 cam swap?
Did you just change cams or other parts ?
How does riding feel after R6 cams?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit in bold: The AIS solenoid must remain powered to stop air flow. Its connection is under battery box. Or install AIS block off plates to get a proper AFR reading.

Set the bike up how you normally run it.
That said, they may thrash on it, SO - Fresh oil, chain lube, descent petrol, rear tire should not be a wear bars.

Post # 8 here has the basics on the AIS. 08 FZ6 Condensed Build thread ~Final Impact~

If yours is an S2 AND it has all the CAT's (3), I'm not sure what they do. Their best bet is a Wideband O2 in the OEM O2 header. Otherwise I'd guess they can get a clean read post CAT that is.

Last edited:

0l0dom0l0

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I'm going to take my bike to dyno very soon. I've been wondering that do I have to remove some kind of emission systems like EGR?

I have installed R6 cams, leovince and PC5

Thanks and sorry for my bad English :D

Hey, are you the guy who posted the video up on YouTube? I think I commented on it!

You had the bike on the dyno yet?

0l0dom0l0

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't wait to see this!!!

I installed R6 cams after watching your video too. Not had it running yet been waiting some parts. Looking forward to the results.

finnishboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you FinalImpact, I blocked the AIS and took my bike to the dyno shop at Saturday. Now we all just have to wait the results! Hopefully it will be ready soon...

ZünRob

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you FinalImpact, I blocked the AIS and took my bike to the dyno shop at Saturday. Now we all just have to wait the results! Hopefully it will be ready soon...

How'd you block the AIS? Do you have photographs of it? I'm looking for the easiest way to temporarily blocking it as well!

0l0dom0l0

Reaction score
Visit site
Easiest way is just to lift the tank and remove the hose going to the right of the airbox. Google it and you will find the hose I mean.Then blank the spigot that is left with something. You don't have to remove everything then.