Thin seat

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have an idea on where to get a COMFORTABLE seat for my FZ6? I can ride for 45min to an hour and my unpadded rump starts to ache. Who makes a really good padded seat that you may have used or heard about? THX, GRUMPY

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad you suffer on your bike like that. I can ride it for hours on end without any problems. My friends hate me for it, because I never want to stop for a drink or a break, I want to keep going forevah :D

I don't know anything about padded seats, but I've read about them in the past, so you should be able to find one. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had good luck with wearing a pair of bicycle shorts (with the padded seat) under my motorcycle pants. You can actually get ones that are designed to be worn under regular shorts to turn any pair of shorts into bicycle shorts, and those fit quite comfortably under the motorcycle pants. They are usually labeled as liners and are a much thinner weight material that the regular bicycle shorts, but still have the full padding in the seat!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of people say the Corbin FZ6 seat is too slippery and angles too steeply from the back. They make great cruiser seats but it does not look as if they have got the FZ6 right yet. I cannot say from personal experience as I have the lowered FZ6 seat....don`t ask you cannot get it in the USA and it is too expensive to import from Europe.

Bagster makes a great looking FZ6 seat and I have only heard good things about it.

Open the link and put the year of your bike in and then click on Make your own seat. The rest is obvious.

Bagster - Complete seats « Seatster »

Steve

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
I've read these are really comfortable seats......
Saddle for motorbike, cover petrol tank, satchels, overalls for scooter
I have a Corbin, shaved, cause I'm vertically challenged :rolleyes:, dealer paid for my Corbin, but I would like to try the Top Saddlery one someday. The Corbin is really slippery especially with my textile pants, it is more comfortable than stock softwise though. Can't comment on slope cause I'm always at edge of tank anyway......sucks to be short.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of people say the Corbin FZ6 seat is too slippery and angles too steeply from the back. They make great cruiser seats but it does not look as if they have got the FZ6 right yet. I cannot say from personal experience as I have the lowered FZ6 seat....don`t ask you cannot get it in the USA and it is too expensive to import from Europe.

Bagster makes a great looking FZ6 seat and I have only heard good things about it.

Open the link and put the year of your bike in and then click on Make your own seat. The rest is obvious.

Bagster - Complete seats « Seatster »

Steve
Anyone get a price? i cant find prices on a seat when i customize it?

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have an idea on where to get a COMFORTABLE seat for my FZ6? I can ride for 45min to an hour and my unpadded rump starts to ache. Who makes a really good padded seat that you may have used or heard about? THX, GRUMPY

I bought the Yamaha comfort seat. It has made a huge difference (I have no natural padding hehe). Corbins are nice, my husband has one for his ZZR, but I didn't want to spend $439 for my bike... Good luck.

Deb ;)

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
I rarely get a sore butt on my bike but a couple of times lately i have

are u sure its cozzed by a bony butt

on every occasion i tried to work out why coz it does not normally hurt and found out its the hairs on my butt that get pulled by my leathers when im sweaty

here in scotland that does not happen a lot but some of u yanks must have it real hot

try wearing boxers or cycling shorts and see if it helps before spending a lot of money on a seat

I put a coat of talc on the inside bum of my leathers and its not been sore for a month

sorry to bring the tone of the conversation down to gutter levels hehe

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Yamaha comfort seat. It has made a huge difference (I have no natural padding hehe). Corbins are nice, my husband has one for his ZZR, but I didn't want to spend $439 for my bike... Good luck.

Deb ;)
So that Yamaha Comfort seat really makes a difference? I hadnt even seen that option! Price seem better than all the others.

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
That Bagster looks like a nice setup. Any idea on price?

I've started using a $15 air cushion, (Crazy Creek, I believe, from Amazon) and it's fantastic. Doesn't look the greatest, but you can't see it when I'm on it anyway. The only downside is that since the aircushion follows your butt around all the time, perspiration can build up. Maybe a mat of wood beads on top would take care of that, but each layer adds to the seat height. Perhaps the ultimate solution is to first shave the stock seat and then use the air cushion/wood beads.

AirHawk makes air cushions designed for motos, but they're about $200, don't seem to be shaped for a sportbike seat, and would add substantially to the seat height unless let into the seat, which would be very tricky since the air cushions have to be adjusted for pressure occasionally.

I seriously recommend trying the $15 air cushion. I velcroed mine down to the vinyl seat.
p.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So that Yamaha Comfort seat really makes a difference? I hadnt even seen that option! Price seem better than all the others.

It works for me. I rode 6-7 hours, with only 3 stops had to stretch out.. I have really bad hips so I had to do something. It went right on my 05 even though my dealer said it wouldn't. So you should have no trouble with your 06. One thing though, it is narrower in the front so it brings me closer to the tank.. ok for a lady.. and I have a 31" inseam(even though I am only 5'3"ish) anyway.. things to think about.

Yamaha FZ6 Accessories, Yamaha FZ6 FZ6 Comfort Seat

Last edited:

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad you suffer on your bike like that. I can ride it for hours on end without any problems. My friends hate me for it, because I never want to stop for a drink or a break, I want to keep going forevah :D

I don't know anything about padded seats, but I've read about them in the past, so you should be able to find one. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

I'm with mastakilla. I love the stock seat. Ride for hours with no problems. Maybe it's in how you distribute your weight between your legs and your butt.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with mastakilla. I love the stock seat. Ride for hours with no problems. Maybe it's in how you distribute your weight between your legs and your butt.
Well if i could find my butt first...:D...that might be the issue (no natural padding :p)