The Winter build for going Naked

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
So here is the start of my build thread, It will be a long process over this winter but want it complete for the upcoming riding season. Got the bike in August and rode it for awhile stock so I could collect all the mods and do it all at once. The bike has about 3500 miles but I am going to replace all the fluids, change the filter and plugs, and get new tires just so I have peace of mind.
The List of Mods:
Power Commander III, FZ1-N Head light assembly (thanks SDnative for planting the seed of naked), Motogiro’s wiring kit (and all the amazing support that came with it seriously), HID H-4 H/L conversion, FZ8 Handlebars, D3 grips, short brake/ clutch levers, Blade Mirrors, Two Bros exhaust w/ PX-1 tips, FAZR6 fender eliminator, Heal tech brake light pro, GIPRO shift indicator (no more 7th Gear), Frame sliders, Killernoodle’s clutch slave levers, Stainless steel brake lines, 90 deg valve stems, lower cowl fairing, Front blinkers (stock) for the rear so I can have the Ambers on all the time like the front(with a kill switch incase its illegal), 12 Volt power outlet for navi, louder horn, comfort seat, Iridium plugs, K&N air filter, and New Road Pilot 3 tires right before season starts, Who has 2 thumbs and went overboard THIS GUY
I am sure there might be more but that’s what I can think of right now, I will try and take pictures and keep the thread up to date.
I also want to change up the bike to White and leave the wheels Black.

Possible future mods will be:
15T front sprocket w/ stock chain
SPEEDO HEALER
520 Chain swap
Airbox Mod
Lower the forks like 5 to 8 mm’s if possible (anybody)

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Yet another update PC3 installed and all the HID headlight stuff stuffed in the front of the frame.
Side note MotoGiro's Kit is pricless I have High/beam and works like a Champ

Last edited:

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Two Bros and the FAZR6 fender eliminator alittle modding but fits like a champ. But I did use safety wire to keep it from shaking so much!
Oh and my 4 year old wanted her bike posted so there you go!

Last edited:

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Man R6 forks I think that is way to much work and for just a commuter bike I think it will be a bit much.

So here is the bracket that SDNative made works great!

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
So as the bike sits right now. I had it in the living room while the wife went to her mothers house. Alot easier to work on it in the warmth. Its snowing now and the wife is coming home so SS brake lines and new pads, oil change and possible neons will have to wait till it gets better out side.

ReUnited

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mark3d 4 D34th,

I have a question. Where did you bought the FZ1n headlight and how to install it on FZ6? I'm trying to find any information about this process, because I already took off the stock headlight and body. Have you replaced the round FZ6 speedo to the FZ1n?

Thanks,
Frank

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Frank, I bought the FZ-1 Headlight from Ebay and I used pipe clamps and aluminum stock to mount it. The speedo is the stock one from the 6 but its a S-2 version 2007 up I believe with a cover from the FZ1. Your 06 was the last year for the round one!!
SDnative did an amazing write up with all the parts and where to get them
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/45745-naked-never-felt-so-good-lots-details.html

thats the link check it out and if you have any question let me know would be glad to help as I love the bike now.

Last edited: