The Three Amigos

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok went riding with Kenny and Randy AKA Vegas Rider and Final Impact on Sunday to Astoria Oregon. We went along the Nehalem River to Astoria and came back on Route 4 along the Columbia River. Then went the new back way with great roads back to Manning OR on Hwy 26 then home. Fun Day! Little Rain from Manning Home but too fun! A friend Bruce from work rode with us on a Triumph Thunderbird. Nice bike and Bruce hauled pretty good considering he was with 3 FZ-6's. Kenny 06, Mark 07 and Randy 08 models. Kenny and Bruce got cold and were eating meow mix at the Wet Dog Cafe for lunch. See Kenny warming his hands on his motorcycle in one of the pictures. :spank:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent! Always great to see forumites get together!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Connecting the threads - route, pictures, and more info can be found here! --->> http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-pacific/53446-2014-07-13-coast-run-return-route.html

PS - I was over 300+ on that one, but I'd do it again! The sleet/hale on the freeway home was a real treat too! Sounded like I hit a swarm of beatles as they pinged off the face shield!

On the smooth section of 202 I pulled off for a minute, Kenny noticed and pulled over too. That delay allowed for some ah "playing" as we caught up which was pretty fun. Did you notice we were MIA?

Map thingy w/link.....

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang.. that's a LOT of curves! I'm jealous!

I think I've mentioned before that we're spoiled here compared to some... Of course rivers + woods + bikes = DEER so there are some drawbacks. IIRC right after we left here (pic) I was leading and saw dear as I crested the hill, began waving arms but I'm not sure it made any sense to those in tow....
54211d1405570658-three-amigos-imag1486-jpg

Of the ~25 miles captured here, 5 of it was a nut buster and the rest pretty nice! Satellite view of a section of hwy 202 attached.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is completely off topic from the thread but I found it entertaining! On this ride I achieved the best fuel economy ever since the purchase of the bike!

My average is 44 mpg

This trips average after fueling last night: 318 miles/5.5 gal = 57.8 mpg!
FWIW: at least 100 miles of slab...