The so called "backup fuse" keeps blowing

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
The so called "backup fuse" keeps blowing out.....
Sometimes it works for 20 minutes and sometimes it works for 2 hours or more...

so my speedometer dies....

when blown, speedo is out, and inmovilizor unit is also out...
Out from the #4 fuse (backup fuse) comes a R/G (red/green) wire...that goes to the speedo and the inmovilizer unit
Any thoughts...

mean while I just be checking for shorted, pinched, bla bla bla wires...

mine did the same thing until i opened the whole harness, took it apart, fixed cords and sealed it really good. there is definitely a short in the system if it keeps blowing, that is really dangerous since my engine shut off once on the road, while i was riding.

one of the 2 harness on the left fairing( the one with a "gasket" rubber sealer) was not plugged in correctly (hard to notice) I think this might be it, since it goes to the speedo directly......
I just hope this could be it....

Just refrain from backing up.... Problem solved.:D

I thought the backup fuse is used to replace a blown fuse. Could it be that you are blowing another circuit and just replacing the backup? pa-rum-pum LOL

Just refrain from backing up.... Problem solved.:D

I thought the backup fuse is used to replace a blown fuse. Could it be that you are blowing another circuit and just replacing the backup? pa-rum-pum LOL

NO!!
the replacing fuses are called "spare".... this is as just as another fuse, 10AMP and it serves speedo, and inmovilazer (key)...

Back