the road told me to go naked

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
The road and my bike decided to get close and personal last night. Why they thought this was a good thing I am still not really sure. I wanted to go into the gas station and get her a drink. I am pretty sure it had to due with some sand I picked up on the front tire cause some jackhole pushed me off into the edge of the road by coming over into my lane (avoided that accident), took a right turn about a quarter mile down the road, then a left into the corner gas station and that was when we hit the ground. A man jumped out of his car and came over to help. I had to have him pick the bike up off my ankle so I could get up. Thank you however you were. So the for-mentioned sand, soft tar and a section of reflective paint on the road is what I think did it.

SO I need some help figuring out what I want my naked conversion to be, and what I will need, Ah hell I just want your opinions on what you would do if my baby was your baby. Thanks all.

bugsterkiton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Gpostarmy,
sorry to hear that and I hope that your ankle will be better quickly. I have also a thought for your "baby".

regards,
Phil

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So the bike just swept from under you? Did you just lean too much, or go to slow, too fast?

Sorry im a new rider and learning is my thing hahaha

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
So the bike just swept from under you? Did you just lean too much, or go to slow, too fast?

Sorry im a new rider and learning is my thing hahaha

I was going slow pulling into a gas station off of a road with a 45mph speed limit. I believe i had sand on the side of my tire. The tire slipped and just could not regain enough traction on the slick painted surface that had been painted on the road. You know the white reflective paint, and she went down.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going slow pulling into a gas station off of a road with a 45mph speed limit. I believe i had sand on the side of my tire. The tire slipped and just could not regain enough traction on the slick painted surface that had been painted on the road. You know the white reflective paint, and she went down.

Sheesh bikes are finnicky. Even if your a great rider it still slip on you sometimes. Good to know, thanks for the clarification.

So there is no frame slider you could buy that could prevent that kind of damage? I was looking into swing arm sliders and case protectors but i cant afford them just yet.

Last edited:

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
If that was my baby I think I'd cry first. But after that, if I was going to go naked I would look at keeping the yellow and adding 2 black lines (dodge viper style) down the tank and the front mud guard (fender).

Not too sure if it would look too much like a dodge but done right you could pull it off. I do like the yellow -v- black.

Best of luck.

:thumbup:

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
That really sux, at least you did avoide a accident with a car, that could have been much worst! Glad your ok!

If you decide to go custom I'm running a group interest on speedometer bracket, give it a peak.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Sheesh bikes are finnicky. Even if your a great rider it still slip on you sometimes. Good to know, thanks for the clarification.

So there is no frame slider you could buy that could prevent that kind of damage? I was looking into swing arm sliders and case protectors but i cant afford them just yet.

I have the shogun frame sliders, they worked great for me last night. The damage to the bike could have been much worse, and would have without the sliders.
That really sux, at least you did avoide a accident with a car, that could have been much worst! Glad your ok!

If you decide to go custom I'm running a group interest on speedometer bracket, give it a peak.

Does your bracket work with the 2004 to 2006 digital speedo or just 07 on. I have seen the proto that you did it was nice.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
get the acerbis streetfighter front end (the one i have) and keep it black and yellow and it will look just like bumblebee transformed into a fz6

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
...........the slick painted surface that had been painted on the road. You know the white reflective paint, and she went down.

I hate that white reflective paint specially in the wet.
sorry to hear about the drop, hope yr ankle is ok
yellow naked look ok imho
hope your back on deck soon

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man.. your faired bike was my favorite on the forum (the yellow sold it!)
I'd go with FZ16 kit at this point.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man.. your faired bike was my favorite on the forum (the yellow sold it!)
I'd go with FZ16 kit at this point.

were would be the best place to find one of the fz16 kits?

PS sorry about messing up my faired bike. Did not mean to promise. Thanks though.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
were would be the best place to find one of the fz16 kits?

PS sorry about messing up my faired bike. Did not mean to promise. Thanks though.

email is [email protected]
cell is 423-Three 8 Three- 4914.

Vishnu Sharma

This is the kit:

2ymddfr.jpg

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I remember correctly, didnt you recently get it painted? I think the naked would look great with the kenny roberts look.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
If I remember correctly, didnt you recently get it painted? I think the naked would look great with the kenny roberts look.

No it has been painted for a while now. I really, really liked it though. Kind of excited to see how she will look naked though.

Thank you all for the advice and please keep it coming.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear that... so glad you are okay... this has happened to me too.. it sucks to see for no reason perfectly good bike is damaged...hey like everyone said its a perfect opportunity to go naked...

more ouch.. u had just bought the pazzo and rizoma bar ends from me few months ago.. how did they hold up...