~~~$$$The Recent Purchase Thread$$$~~~

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Anniversary gift from my girlfriend... New Sedici Waterproof Boots!! These are actually my first motorcycle-specific boots. Been rocking a pair of perfectly broken-in Wolverines for the last couple years but figured it was time to invest in the safety of my feet.

IMAG0194.jpg

i ride in timberlands. as longs as they're leather (or a ballistic weave) they'll save your feet.

and i got some SW-Motech Blaze saddlebags

D

Dave.TX

i ride in timberlands. as longs as they're leather (or a ballistic weave) they'll save your feet.

If you don't have motorcycle-specific boots then at least wear some work type boots that lace up over your ankle and won't fly off if you fly off your bike. Protecting your ankle seems to be a big deal (I haven't crashed yet) and I can understand that. Screw up your ankle and you may not walk again or walk funny for the rest of your life.

Nice stuff you guys have there!

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
Dave, thats a nice Bell brother !!!I went with the 500 series because I wanted the internal visor, but not the weight of the 1000, or the 1100 as you mentioned, they are a tad on the heavier side.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Today I bought Yamahas original LED flashers, oilfilter and NGK iridium spark plugs. So the next days I will give my bike some extra love and mount the stuff :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Been to the Dainese store today and bought a chest (thorax) protector and some goretex touring boots.

My old boots don't seem to offer as much protection, and are no longer waterproof. My other boots (also dainese) aren't waterproof. Now I should have enough gear for any weather :thumbup:

Chest protector was surprisingly cheap, and given the number of stories I've heard of broken ribs etc, I'm glad to have one now. There's also a nice pocket in my textiles for it, and it should stay in place under my leathers without much effort.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a 520 -1/+2 kit.

707eb79c.jpg

And a new helmet! EXO 400. Huge improvement over my SevenZeroSeven. Wanted something with graphics this time. The graphics are a bit too much and I was going to send it back for something else when it came in, but it looks a lot better in person and the figment is perfect!

375dab29.jpg

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com
I just purchased a 2009 FZ6...traded my cruiser (Suzuki Blvd C50). I went in looking to buy a Katana since I've owned 2 in the past... but then I rode the FZ6. Comparatively, the Kat was clunky, heavy, and unresponsive. So, in spite of my intentions to not spend more... I spent more (Kat was '06).
I'm just not sure I've done the right thing. I would like to have gotten a GSXR. I know I know... going from C50 to GSXR is a big hop. I've been warned ad nauseam.
I spent an entire day at the dealership going back and forth with them... I hate that game. The finance guy rode a FZ6 and I have to give him credit... he didn't push me either way. But once the papers were signed he admitted he was biting his tongue when I was looking at Katanas.
Anyway... they have to mail the keys to me since they failed to give them to me after loading it onto my trailer. I have a brand new bike sitting in my garage and can't even ride it.
I'm having a case of buyer's remorse I suppose. The combination of getting a bike I hadn't actually heard of before walking in there and trading without my wife's "blessing" is nagging me. She doesn't understand why I can't just "be satisfied".
So... I guess once I get to ride it more than just around the dealership parking lot I'll feel better right? It came loaded with Two Brothers Racing exhaust...sounds nice. Anyway- I'm torn.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a 2009 FZ6...traded my cruiser (Suzuki Blvd C50). I went in looking to buy a Katana since I've owned 2 in the past... but then I rode the FZ6. Comparatively, the Kat was clunky, heavy, and unresponsive. So, in spite of my intentions to not spend more... I spent more (Kat was '06).
I'm just not sure I've done the right thing. I would like to have gotten a GSXR. I know I know... going from C50 to GSXR is a big hop. I've been warned ad nauseam.
I spent an entire day at the dealership going back and forth with them... I hate that game. The finance guy rode a FZ6 and I have to give him credit... he didn't push me either way. But once the papers were signed he admitted he was biting his tongue when I was looking at Katanas.
Anyway... they have to mail the keys to me since they failed to give them to me after loading it onto my trailer. I have a brand new bike sitting in my garage and can't even ride it.
I'm having a case of buyer's remorse I suppose. The combination of getting a bike I hadn't actually heard of before walking in there and trading without my wife's "blessing" is nagging me. She doesn't understand why I can't just "be satisfied".
So... I guess once I get to ride it more than just around the dealership parking lot I'll feel better right? It came loaded with Two Brothers Racing exhaust...sounds nice. Anyway- I'm torn.

That's to bad about the key thing - so take some time and do some preventive maintenance stuff and get to know her. With aftermarket parts id be double checking all the fasteners.

So - I'm not sure what you want from a bike but I can assure you from where you were to where you are - its fun nimble practical bike that won't dissapoint you unless your intent is to race. When you those keys come in and you get it through some corners - you will see just how fun an FZ can be!
Keep yor chin up. . . oh and welcome to the forum!

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com
So my wife is back speaking to me now:hug:
She's not a big fan of me spending money on bikes...oh well.
Said today via text, "BTW...bike is beautiful" Progress not perfection :D
Still waiting on keys so I can at least start the bike up.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
R6 Forks are in and Done!

Did you document the mod for the front fender, or can you supply the thread you went off of?

And I know I should wait till I have pics, but I'll just edit it later when I get them.

Scored R6 forks with trees for $150 SHIPPED
AND
scored a Corbin seat for $130 SHIPPED

Both would even be good deals for double their prices. BOOM!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
R6 Forks are in and Done!

Did you document the mod for the front fender, or can you supply the thread you went off of?

And I know I should wait till I have pics, but I'll just edit it later when I get them.

Scored R6 forks with trees for $150 SHIPPED
AND
scored a Corbin seat for $130 SHIPPED

Both would even be good deals for double their prices. BOOM!
I posted a link to a dozen links in the original thread from Hellgate that landed you the forks.
In a nutshell you will find you need a rotary file and to cut a channel about 1.85" up the fender from the OEM cutout. The fender will drop in, but you'll need hardware to secure it. NO ZIPTIES. That could get a person killed.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/36842-somethin-black.html#post461560

One lone fender pic. But follow the links in the thread above. . .
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/36842-somethin-black.html#post462894