The Rant Thread

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
The boss lost a part with them last week also. 2 new old stock xs650 fork leg inners were ordered and one turned up damaged and the other missing, with a repaired package sticker on the box. He is not happy to say the least. A part that is no longer available lost in transit.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank fcuk for that Jamie(not your misfortune with aus post)I thought you'd ridden of the edge of the earth,you havnt posted for a while.I suppose you been busy with your latest project;)

Yeah sorta been busy with lots of things....work mainly, but i sorta got the $hits on with the whole forum thing for a bit too....so i stood back and took a few deep breathe's....cause i was being a caustic ahole!

lol!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The boss lost a part with them last week also. 2 new old stock xs650 fork leg inners were ordered and one turned up damaged and the other missing, with a repaired package sticker on the box. He is not happy to say the least. A part that is no longer available lost in transit.

that sux seriously...Aussie post lost a set of FZ6 forks i sent to perth once upon a time....but at least they are easy to find another set!

makes you wanna go firebomb the aholes! :eek:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah sorta been busy with lots of things....work mainly, but i sorta got the $hits on with the whole forum thing for a bit too....so i stood back and took a few deep breathe's....cause i was being a caustic ahole!

lol!

No worries mate ;) Good to read ya again :cool:

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh Aus post. Lost two bottles of vodka in the post recently, thankfully not worth as much as bike gear...

Waiting on some gear shipping via USPS and AusPost tho... and it's taking forever... tracking with USPS is terrible.

I do love how creatively they put items around our yard tho... it's kind of like an easter egg hunt. If you look carefully enough about the place you'll find a delivery we surely missed. :|

Also a fan of the "sign for deliver" bull**** that just gets jammed in your mailbox clearly labeled with "do not fold". I really don't get the point of the sign for delivery @#$%. Contractors couldn't give a toss who signs for it and have demonstrated on numerous occasions that the mail box, front step, car, garbage bin (on top of, not inside... I am thankful for the little things), fence, backyard, driveway are all capable of signing for said deliveries.

I'd complain but frankly I'm sure it'd just end up MIA instead.

Wile I'm ranting, I'd like to add a mention of my dislike of online stores shipping things via the cheapest method and giving no alternative options. I'm more than happy to foot the bill of something a little bit more expensive if it offers me peace of mind. Having said that some things I'm willing to risk... but couriers > post. Altho even couriers can piss you off no end with their handling of Fragile items.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I don't have any probs with Aus Post - so far, but I would absolutely do my nut if they lost vodka! :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I had issues with shipping from the US - charged 90$ shipping, sent a tracking number (that didn't work) and received a parcel 3 weeks later with a $30 postage priced stamp on it...... unhappy to say the least.

Shipping from the US seems to be damn expensive for the most basic shipping. The UK seems a bit better price and reliability wise thats for sure!

Aus Post is amazing though, the most simple thing can be horrendously complicated, and yet other things arrive the next day...
Not to mention the wait for service in the post office most of the time x.X

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah AusPost can be hit and miss. Actually had a delivery guy try to deliver a parcel twice in one day as he just lived a couple of blocks away, bloody nice bloke to boot. It's like anything really, a few bad experiences make you forget about the good ones. Altho I've had more bad than good of late.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah AusPost can be hit and miss. Actually had a delivery guy try to deliver a parcel twice in one day as he just lived a couple of blocks away, bloody nice bloke to boot. It's like anything really, a few bad experiences make you forget about the good ones. Altho I've had more bad than good of late.

My hit rate with Aussie Post is appalling! As it is with Portugal postal services, but as for USPS, nothing but good times!

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
My effing front sprocket came off this morning. effed up the output shaft thread.

I checked it, 3 weeks ago ... took the cover off, was still tight, washer still bent in place.

i wanna cry :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My effing front sprocket came off this morning. effed up the output shaft thread.

I checked it, 3 weeks ago ... took the cover off, was still tight, washer still bent in place.

i wanna cry :(

I had this happen in the middle of nowhere, on our tour of Tasmania! My output shaft ended up being ok, but it was totally a pain in the ass, and expensive to fix after I had to pay for a 100km tow!

If there was ever a problem that I have heard of being a FZ6 trait....losing front sprocket nuts, this would have to be it...

I reckon I have read of 5 or 6 cases of this happening to fizzers...

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
I have absolutely had it with standard globe indicators!!! I have owned the Husky for just over a year now, and I have gone through 3 sets of indicators!!! I vow to only buy LED from this day forward!! Everytime I get the bloody thing muddy they die, water dispersants don't work, they just die!! I just got a new LED tail light and number plate holder as the original tail light cluster didn't appreciate being jumped so often and I was looking forward to a quick spray down the road and into bush.

SCREW YOU INDICATORS!!!!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have absolutely had it with standard globe indicators!!! I have owned the Husky for just over a year now, and I have gone through 3 sets of indicators!!! I vow to only buy LED from this day forward!! Everytime I get the bloody thing muddy they die, water dispersants don't work, they just die!! I just got a new LED tail light and number plate holder as the original tail light cluster didn't appreciate being jumped so often and I was looking forward to a quick spray down the road and into bush.

SCREW YOU INDICATORS!!!!!

Lanox would be your best friend , when it comes to things that water can ruin there is nothing better :thumbup: Its a boaties best friend , the electricals , brakes & winch cable on my boat are like new even after being salt water punished for nearly 3 years :rockon:

3783_1.JPG

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
So far they have all been blown globes, a sealed LED unit should do the trick, doesn't help me right now though, bike shops are down here are **** house, so if they do stock them they will cost a fortune!! I'll have to buy online and wait.....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So far they have all been blown globes, a sealed LED unit should do the trick, doesn't help me right now though, bike shops are down here are **** house, so if they do stock them they will cost a fortune!! I'll have to buy online and wait.....

E-bay my boy.....decent LED indicators available on there, much cheaper than bike shops too, and you dont even have to leave the house!

:thumbup:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still gunna have a crack at the dealers tomorrow though cause I wanna go for a ride this weekend!! Can't be bothered puting it all back together again just to pull it apart when the indicators arrive!!

mellow mark

Reaction score
Visit site
Never been to Austrialia, so I can speak only for myself and about 200 other members of our club, Texas Free Riders. We're from the Houston area and, although Texas is only slightly larger than Australia, we don't seem to have y'alls problems with theft. We stop for rest, food, etc., and we simply hang our helmets over the rear pegs and our jackets over the windshields. Sign me Mellow Mark ('cuzIam)