The Rant Thread

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a rant at myself, learned a very big lesson that im paying for the last 2 days.

Thursday I went out for my 1st proper ride on the Strommy (only ever rode it to & from work). Well, it became a big ride. Over 800 k's in about 11 hours.

Anyway the lesson/rant. You can't ride that long in the Qld summer and only have 3 cans of softdrink & 2 sausage rolls to keep you going.

Felt fine when I got home thursday night. Last 2 days, bring up everything I try to eat.

I'm a stupid stupid man :spank:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like the girl guides used to say, BE PREPARED!

I don't even drive without a bottle of water - got caught by an accident once pn Great Northern Highway - 38' day and road closed in front of me for over an hour :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Had a big project this week for work which I was the leader of.
Was stressing about making the due dates and working away from home on long days.

My shed got broken into on my first night away. Motorcycle key taken and a big turd left on the shed floor.

This naturally turned my wife into a ****ing loon and thus I have had a **** of a week.

Security upgrades all round.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sux!

Key/lock can be replaced but knowing someone was in there - that's horrible. As for the "gift" they left you, disgusting :rant:

P155ed anyone off lately? Just a thought. It's a pretty personal thing to do.

Hope your wife isn't too freaked out :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Who the **** does something like that?
Too many useless degenerates in the world these days.
Hopefully the useless wanker gets his due and on his next break and enter meets someone prepared, like a bikie.

It does seem rather personal however. Especially with you away working, which someone holding a grudge at work may have known.
Did you get it DNA tested? :D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I am sick and tired of the high prices we pay for bikes in Australia versus the US.

Went to a stealership on Saturday - 2006 FZ1 - $11990!...... In the US this would be $5000.

Why do we have to pay sooo much for 2nd hand stuff over here?

:rant:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, that is insane.......
The FZ6's are like 7ish here in Syd!
For a 06 thats daylight robbery.

You could pick up a Speed Triple for not much more than that (or probably that much if your looking for an older year).
Northside here in Syd have an 08 (I think) Speed3 for 13 on road, in pretty nice condition from the looks of it.

If I upgraded again I would seriously reconsider the Street Triples though, the insurance cost of the S3 was triple what I was paying before.

Also, here is the most modded bike competition is Rapid if anyone is interested (in voting for Wolfman!) :p
picture.php

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
8:30 at night & its still 34c :spank: :spank: .................... OMG !!!!!!!!! I HATE SUMMER :mad:

Rant over , going to drink Rum :D.......... Lots & lots of Rum :drool: :BLAA:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
8:30 at night & its still 34c :spank: :spank: .................... OMG !!!!!!!!! I HATE SUMMER :mad:

Rant over , going to drink Rum :D.......... Lots & lots of Rum :drool: :BLAA:
That's why we have air-conditioning :BLAA:

6:30pm here, 31'C. Vodka, lime & lemonade in one hand, laptop in the other. T20 on TV, Mike is about to cook dinner :blowkiss:

Not a rant, sorry......

I'm sure I'll have one tomorrow though
:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's like Autumn weather in Adelaide this week....it should be mid 30's, but it's more like the low twenties...with a cool breeze! Nice but weird!

:thumbup:

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I am sick and tired of the high prices we pay for bikes in Australia versus the US.

Went to a stealership on Saturday - 2006 FZ1 - $11990!...... In the US this would be $5000.

Why do we have to pay sooo much for 2nd hand stuff over here?

:rant:

Yeah, it sucks a lot, especially when you come over from the states and can remember the great prices.

I did however get my heavily modded 2006 FZ1 for only $8300 last year here in Qld :rockon:

Now my rant: Why are the speed limits so @#$% slow? At least in NT it gets up there, even if just out in the middle of no where. The Revenue generators on wheels have gotten me twice in the last 2 weeks :spank:

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Yeah, it sucks a lot, especially when you come over from the states and can remember the great prices.

I did however get my heavily modded 2006 FZ1 for only $8300 last year here in Qld :rockon:

Now my rant: Why are the speed limits so @#$% slow? At least in NT it gets up there, even if just out in the middle of no where. The Revenue generators on wheels have gotten me twice in the last 2 weeks :spank:

I believe that if you were going fast Mid-corner his would not be an issue. (old obiwolf saying).
Going fast in a straight line is like playing the guitar fast. Still sounds ok but is not really skillful!

-not trying to take the piss but they don't set these things up on any decent corner-

I hate revenue raisers as much as the next person but speeding in a straight line is just asking of it...and I have asked for it more than most and payed my dues as well.

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that if you were going fast Mid-corner his would not be an issue. (old obiwolf saying).
Going fast in a straight line is like playing the guitar fast. Still sounds ok but is not really skillful!

-not trying to take the piss but they don't set these things up on any decent corner-

I hate revenue raisers as much as the next person but speeding in a straight line is just asking of it...and I have asked for it more than most and payed my dues as well.

Oh, real live cops got me, one car and one bike, not any cameras. Both got me right after some sweeping corners. My Throttlemeister keeps me from going fast on the forever long straights. :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, real live cops got me, one car and one bike, not any cameras. Both got me right after some sweeping corners. My Throttlemeister keeps me from going fast on the forever long straights. :thumbup:

Find some tight corners, they cant get a camera on ya then...Plus you wont be going that fast that you can get in real trouble...

I stay away from roads with big ar$e sweepers in them if i can...getting caught doing 200km/h in a 100 zone is not something i wanna experience, and that's what big sweepers tempt you to do!!!

:thumbup:

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"1st world problems" #2345: refreshing tracking website for delivery and not getting any updates :(

Tracking is both awesome and freaking annoying, swear it just makes me sweat on the delivery... rather than just letting it go and being pleasantly surprised when it arrives (if it does!). :Flip:

*goes back to refreshing tracking page* :Flash: :spank: